You might have observed that there are some scars of lesions that are present in the mouth, and really heart bad. These canker sores can also be found under the tongue or in the cheeks lining or inside the lips. Many of us are unaware with the fact that why these canker sore occurs. Although these canker sores or mouth sores are not dangerous and usually these sores disappear within one to two weeks but at the beginning, these sores are painful. When you feel some sort of fever or swelling in the lymph nodes in your mouth, you may get straight to the conclusion that this pain is due to canker sore. This painful situation forces you to find ways of how to get rid of canker sores immediately.
There are certain remedies that are helpful in giving you fast relief from the pain. Some of the home remedies for canker sore are as under:
16. Milk Of Magnesia
Canker sores can be cured by using milk of magnesia. Milk of magnesia is an effective remedy for the healing of canker sores. As there are many benefits of milk, similarly milk of magnesia is beneficial in providing the healing of the wounds. Milk is the most effective and efficient home remedy that helps in making the skin glow and fresh. If you can consume milk, then you can use this effective canker sore treatment this way:
- Firstly rinse your mouth with mild or luke warm water or mouth wash or with any salt water.
- Now apply a mixture that consists of half hydrogen per oxide and half water.
- Apply this to the infected area by using a clean cotton bud.
- Follow this by dabbing a small amount of milk of magnesia on the canker sore after wards.
- Repeat these steps three to four times a day.
- Another treatment is that, rinse your mouth with a mixture that consists of half milk of magnesia and half Benadryl liquid. This Benadryl liquid is an allergy medicine.
- Swish this mixture in your mouth for about one minute.
- Now spit it out.
15. Use Of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is one of the most natural and popular way for treatment of different problems related to skin. People have used it for dry skin, dead skin, to reduce itching and skin burns. Aloe Vera is the best way to heal up the canker sores in a very fast manner. To try this remedy for mouth sores, you need to do:
- Make a gel from aloe Vera.
- Apply gel of aloe Vera on your sore.
- Apply it for like five minute until it gets dissolve properly.
- Use any cotton bud to apply this mixture.
- Be gentle with your canker sore.
- Wash it after twenty minute.
If you’re looking for effective ways of how to get rid of canker sores, this one is really amazing. These are widely known as the best home remedy for giving smoothness to the pain related to mouth. It is considered as the most effective and influential remedy to remove tiredness and painful things of the mouth. There is a higher concentration of water in it that really helps the cucumber to give such effective results. To apply this home remedy, you will need:
- Some slices of cucumber in circular shape.
- Crush it properly.
- Strain its juice.
- Lie down on the bed or some relaxing chair and ease yourself.
- With the help of cotton bud, apply this mixture in to your mouth.
- Do not rub it hardly on the sore.
- Repeat this procedure on regular basis.
13. Olive Oil Tea Bag
This is another home remedy. Tea bags are the easiest and most useful remedy. Both green and black tea contains bioflavonoids in it. The basic advantage of these tea bags is that it reduces the inflammation and bacteria. The procedure to heal canker sores is as follows:
- Place the tea bag in the freezer.
- Apply some olive oil on your eyes with the help of cotton balls.
- Now try to find some relaxing place for yourself.
- Sit there and apply those chilled tea bags in to your mouth for a small time period.
- After sometime rinse the mouth.
12. Mint Leaves
Mint provides an effective and soothing canker sore treatment. Mint leave gives a soothing effect to the body as well as to the mind if it is in use. These mint leaves are healthy as well. Mint leaves give a very soothing and relaxing effect in order to ease the swelling and healing of wounds related to mouth. Its oil contains menthol in it which if applied to the body or in to the mouth. It will give you relief from stress and tension and also from the pain that is generated from canker sore. You will feel it for yourself. Over here we are highlighting the use of mint leaf to deal with the problem of mouth canker sore.
- Take few mint leaves.
- Crush it well.
- Add some water in it.
- Mix those leaves in it well
- You can also add lemon drops or almonds in it
- Apply this into your mouth well.
11. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil is another good and appealing remedy for removing the swelling of the mouth and to make it feel relax and normal. Follow these steps to get a soothing relief from canker sores.
- Try lavender oil mixed with honey butter or any other oil.
- Apply it on affected area not too much.
- Take a cotton bud and massage it well until it dries.
- If it starts burning or hurting then it means you have apply the oil too much on the affected area.
10. Use Of Honey And Cardamom
As we all know that the use of honey is very common for the treatment of various diseases. Doctors also recommend this that using this will help in decreasing the diseases. Cardamom is another herb that is beneficial in case of removing the swelling that occurs in the mouth and it also decreases the pain of canker sore. Here we will discuss an effective remedy for mouth sores:
- Take a teaspoon of cardamom extract.
- Now add about half teaspoon of honey in that extract.
- Massage it in to your mouth for a small period of time.
- Apply it with the help of cotton bud
- Repeat this remedy every day.
- Be very gentle with your sore.
9. Use Of Turmeric
It is your best go to herb If you’re looking for ways of how to get rid of canker sores. Turmeric is another herb that is used commonly to get some relief from the mouth problem. It has multiple health benefits. It is also helpful in or acts as anti-inflammatory, cough and wound and also in case of bloating. Some people find turmeric as a natural treatment for healing of wounds. It is from the family of ginger. You will find it in a food like mustard, cheese and powders etc. All that you will have to do is to:
Quick link = Turmeric benefits
- Take some solid pieces of turmeric.
- Wash it properly
- Soak it in lemon juice.
- You will have to cover it in glass bowl for a day.
- The next day, take out one piece of that turmeric and then grind it with rose water.
- Make a paste of it.
- Now strain out the juice of this mixture.
- Use this mixture into your mouth.
- Rinse it properly.
- Keep this in mind, not to rub your canker sore.
“Canker sore is non-contagious disease. This is not a dangerous disease. The process of healing also takes time. It may take up to 1 to 2 weeks to get a relief from this sore. By applying these remedies, you will get good results within few days.”
The best advantage of yogurt is that it contains anti-oxidants and probiotic properties due to which this makes it effective to deal with the problems related to mouth infection. The intake of yogurt also prevents the infections of mouth and canker sores from the recurrence. The bacteria present in the yogurt helps in inhibiting its properties, thus preventing the lining of the mouth from the inside. It also strengthens the immune system of the body.
- Eat two to three cups of yogurt daily.
- If you want you can also add fiber rich fruits in the yogurt as well.
- Make a smoothie from this yogurt and drink it 1 to 2 times daily.
7. Use Of Ginger
Ginger is an important herb that is helpful in removing the mouth diseases. Ginger is also an important herb due to its role in curing various other diseases. Ginger is helpful in increasing skin radiance and it makes your skin glow. It is also helpful in nasal congestion or at the time of bloating.
Quick link = Health benefits of ginger
Ginger contains gingerols in it which is an active ingredient in curing the mouth infection, just because gingerol has anti-bacterial property. This inhibits the spreading of in to the mouth thus keeping the infections or the sores to decrease, and reducing the chances of infection in return. There are two methods to use ginger.
Ginger tea is a good source of canker sore treatment. Other forms of ginger tea usually decrease the effect of the ginger according to various researches. So this method is the correct method.
- Get some water and allow it to heat, not up to the boiling point of water.
- Make it just a bit warm.
- In a mug, in which you will drink the ginger tea, add some slices of ginger in Julian cutting, after pealing its skin from the body.
- Add some honey or lemon, whatever you like in it, add it a bit, just to enhance the taste of it.
- Now, add water on to the ginger in the jug. Drink it sip by sip after leaving for a shorter period of time.
- You will feel the smoothness’ in it as soon as it reaches your mouth.
- Make sure that the tea is not that warm.
For the ginger juice
- Take some ginger.
- Grate it and obtain juice from it.
- Now add some drops of lemon juice in it.
- Mix it well.
- Add about half spoon of honey in it.
- You can also drink this juice.
6. Intake Of Warm Salty Water
Keep on drinking the required amount of water but the water should not be that much cold and add small quantity of salt in water. Water is the best disease to cure any disease. Our body contains ninety percent of water that we need to replenish on daily basis. Drink lot of water to keep your skin hydrated, this will keep the body active and will keep on moving and passing the toxic materials away from the body, by rotating it in a proper manner in the body. Follow these steps to get an instant relief from mouth sores:
- Add some small amount of salt in Luke warm water.
- Rinse your mouth with this solution.
- Rinse it for about five minutes.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol and smoking.
5. Melaluca Essential Oil
Melaluca oil is very beneficial in many cases like it can be used as moisturizer, anti-oxidant, it is used to cure canker sore and treats other mouth diseases, it is also used as hydrant. It is also said that melaluca oil is used to repair dead cells that is present in the body. To make a paste for canker sores, all that you will have to do is:
- Take one teaspoon of melaluca oil.
- Add some honey and egg yolk in it.
- You will get a thick paste.
- Apply it on to your face.
- Apply it for 15 minutes.
- Wash your mouth with warm water.
- You will see visible results within some days.
4. Oregano Essential Oil
Learn how to get rid of canker sores with the help of oregano oil. Oregano essential oil is another good way to keep the canker sore or any affected part of the skin in a better way and to help relieve the swelling and also the inflammation. Oil of any type like castor oil, coconut oil, olive oil can be used to help in healing the pain. When you are using this oregano essential oil , keep this in mind:
- Use only one drop of oil.
- Do not put pressure on the canker sore.
- Apply it with the help of cotton bud or cotton ball.
Coriander is another herb that is good spice in life. Coriander is another natural ingredient that can be applied on the canker sore. It is also helpful in processes like anti-inflammation, anti-septic, anti-aging properties. All these benefits make it an effective canker sore treatment. To make a paste of this, you need:
- Add ¼ teaspoon of coriander powder in 1 teaspoon of milk.
- If you want you can add1 teaspoon of honey as well.
- First of all, take Luke warm water and rinse your mouth with it.
- Apply this paste in to your mouth or the affected area.
- Apply a thin layer of it.
- Apply this mask for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After that, rinse your mouth with the help of Luke water.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is another good source for canker sore. This is an effective remedy that can help in many other ways as well. It not only reduces the soreness of the cankers but also makes it possible for the user to heal that wound within some time. It can help in soothing the sore and its acidic nature helps in soothing the pain and inflammation as well. There are two remedies for healing of canker sore:
- Add one teaspoon of baking soda in to a small quantity of water.
- Make a paste of it.
- Apply it on to the sore with the help of any cotton ball or cotton bud.
- Let it stay there for a short period of time.
- Now, rinse your mouth.
- Repeat this method for some days.
Another remedy is
- Add about two teaspoons of baking soda in some water.
- Make a mixture of it, which will be in liquid form.
- Rinse your mouth with this mixture.
- Keep on doing this again and again.
Another remedy that will not only give you soothing effect but will also heal the wound is sage. Sage is another good herb that is used for the treatment of many other diseases. The calming property of this herb helps in reducing inflammation as well. To apply this on to your canker sore, you will have to do is:
- Take about two cups of boiling water.
- Add about three table spoon of sage herb.
- Allow it to leave in the water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let it cool down at room temperature.
- Rinse your mouth with this water.
- Repeat this method for three to four times per day.
Another recipe is that
- Make a powder of these herbs.
- Apply it directly on to the canker sore.
- Rinse your mouth with the help of Luke warm water after leaving it for about 2-3 minutes.
- Try these remedies one by one.
- If you do not like any ingredient, then you can use any other recipe.
- Do not eat spicy foods when you are having canker sore.
- Avoid hot foods or foods that may cause pain like burgers, pizzas etc.