Every woman aims for a slim and toned body. I’m sure that most of those reading this do too, just so that they can flaunt themselves in beautiful embroidered dresses and grab everyone’s attention in the crowd. No one likes to carry a plump body and especially the fat gained in the lower part of the body. Moreover, hips and thighs are usually where the fat stores and settles leading do an intoned and stout body shape. Before entering the menopause phase, a woman’s body stores loads of excessive fats. This can usually be caused by a game of genes gifted to you by your ancestors which has transferred to you through chromosomes, Biology students you’d understand this better. Moreover, hormones and balanced/ unhealthy diet and lifestyle add up to it.
Most ladies confine themselves to strict diet plans and exercises to help them get rid of these trouble spots which are their hips and thighs. However, a few home remedies, healthy nutrition and a bit of exercise can do wonders for all those women who are trying to achieve a toned down body. So don’t despair and read below.
“Have you been longing to wear your favorite pair of jeans but were lying behind because of your fat thighs and hips? This won’t happen no more.”
15. Strength Training
Strength training has usually been a lay back factor for most of the women as they feel that they are not going to lose weight but will face the exact opposite. If you want to learn how to lose thigh fat, this exercise is really amazing. The merits to strength training for hips and thighs are as follows,
- Your legs will look more toned and appear in a good and attractive shape.
- You will feel robust and energetic.
- You can easily do aerobic exercises and some other physical activities which will be more fun to do.
It’s actually a sort of weight training which considers low weights and high reps which is nowhere near to bulk-up weight lifting. Furthermore, this will help in burning calories and help in one’s reduction of body fat.
14. Apple Cider Vinegar
It is one of the home remedies which are widely used for various purposes. It even helps in toning down hips and thighs as it breaks down fat and eradicated the prevention of the accretion of the body fat as a whole. It consists of all sorts of minerals and nutrients inclusive of potassium, magnesium and calcium. Moreover, it combats against toxins and helps in the prevention of water retention. In order to make use of it, try this DIY remedy:
- Mix 3 parts of apple cider vinegar with just one part of coconut or olive oil.
- Later, massage it on your hips and thighs.
- Rinse off after half an hour.
- Or drink a glass of water mixed with honey and apple cider vinegar and drink it every day before breakfast.
13. Cardiovascular And Aerobic Exercises
Aerobic exercises contribute a lot to one’s health by keeping their heart’s and mind’s strong as well as energetic. Moreover, it helps in the shaping and toning down of the hips and thighs too. An exercise can help you get rid of the excessive fat stored on your hips and thighs and can further help in a genetic disposition. Aerobic exercises have some really effective lower body workout technique to tone your legs. However, at times even sweating is the key to a weight reduction and healthier body and this is what exactly happens here.
- Start with jogging and brisk walking.
- Use a stationary bicycle.
- Do half an hour of aerobic exercises.
12. Coconut Oil
Learn how to lose thigh fat using coconut oil massage. A coconut oil is used for wide and various purposes inclusive of helping against hair damaged, curing against certain infections and providing for culinary purposes too. Furthermore, it is a brilliant source of toning down the hips and thighs as well. It works as the fatty acids supposedly found in coconut oil are absorbed in the cell membranes and are instantly changed into energy levels despite of being stored as fat in the body. All you need to do is,
- Gently massage your thighs with it.
- Do this for 10 minutes twice in a day.
- Consequently, you’ll soon see commendable results.
- Or substitute cooking oil for extra virgin coconut oil.
11. Step Up (Exercise)
This is an efficient exercise to help you tone down your plump thighs (front and back). Just be careful with the steps listed below and follow them with sheer concentration. You can try this amazing exercise for hips and thigh thighs this way:
- You need to have a stable stair case to pull through this exercise.
- Stand near to the last stair and keep the handrail for your support by having your head up while looking straight and clear.
- Begin by stepping on the stair with one foot and let your front leg handle all of you weight instead of letting your knees come over your toes. Then bring the other leg upwards and after tapping the toes of the back leg on the step, eventually return to the position which you began from.
10. Coffee Grounds
Great news for all the coffee lovers including me! As I love the coffee flavor more than any other as well. It’s a great scrub which helps in the toning down of excessive fats found on your thighs and hips because coffee consists of antioxidants and caffeine which lightens down the skin and revitalizes one’s energy buds too. Moreover, it pushes for circulation and helps in the reduction of growth of fat. All that is required from you is,
- Add honey to coffee ground until it makes a thick paste.
- Apply it on the affected areas before going for a shower.
- Later, scrub it off and rinse it off clean.
9. Side Leg Raise (Exercise)
This is another exercise which will help you in a quick reduction of hips and thigh’s fat as a whole. Start by,
- Lying on the floor by keeping your legs straight and together at the same time.
- Next, place your bottom leg behind yourself and place the outside hand in front in order to keep the inside hand at a balance pace to provide support to the head.
- Later, begin the moves by pointing the toes straight at your head and push the top leg pretty high.
- Then return to the position where you started. Repeat this simple lower body workout for quick effect.
“Are you trying to lose weight and toning up your body to come into a perfect shape? Then this is the perfect gateway to your sultry Shakira-looking body in just a few time.”
8. Sea Salt
Sea salt is not only beneficial for cooking and making of cosmetics but also helps in the toning of hips and thighs. Furthermore, it helps in tightening the skin and making your body appear slim and in perfect shape.
- Substitute normal salt with sea salt while cooking.
- This will lead to a reduction of excess body fat and will help in making your body stay hydrated and won’t end up in making you dehydrated.
- You can even have a detox sea salt bath at home.
7. Squats (Exercise)
This acts as a great exercise for firm thighs and hips. Moreover, it helps in toning down both of them simultaneously. This is a perfect exercise for thighs and hips toning. You need to begin by,
- Standing with your feet and shoulders wide apart.
- Keep your hands straight, stretched in front of you to keep a safe balance.
- Lower yourself at your knees until they’re at the correct angle.
- Lastly, keep your back straight and firm and don’t let your knees spread over the toes.
Have you ever done yoga? If you haven’t then don’t waste time in starting with it and if you have then you would know what feeling you get while you carry on with it. It makes you undergo a state of trance; peace, tranquility and serenity. Moreover, it helps in relaxing the mind and body a lot. It will even help in toning the muscles in your hips and thighs. Yoga has some amazing lower body workout exercises for this purpose.
- Sun salutation is a widely known asana in yoga which will help in toning down your whole body inclusive of your hips and thighs. Furthermore, it’s best for the reduction of thigh fat.
- Practice this twice in a day, religiously.
- There are many other yoga poses too such as the chair pose, cobbler’s pose, and happy baby pose etcetera.
5. Cayenne Pepper
If you want to learn how to lose thigh fat naturally, just use cayenne powder. Just by reading the heading most of you would be thinking by now that how she can include Cayenne Pepper as one of the home remedies to tone down hips and thighs. Plus it’s a spice, but dear ladies this spice is an efficient fat burning food. Moreover, it can help in combating against the accumulation of fats found on one’s hips and thighs. It even enhances one’s metabolism and eradicates any sort of toxins that exist as a part of your body. All you need to do is,
- Add a single teaspoon of cayenne powder, grated ginger and lemon juice in a glass of water.
- Stir well and drink it twice a day for immediate results.
- Add this as a major ingredient while cooking food too.
4. Lunges (Exercise)
This is again an exercise which is sufficient enough to make thighs and hips firm and help them tone down. In fact it is an amazing lower body workout for losing fat. You should make it a habit to practice this exercise for a better shaped body!
- Begin by standing with your right leg forward and left leg at the back.
- Then lower the knees into a lunge until both of those legs are at the right angle.
- Let your weight be carried by your heels.
- Later, push back towards the starting position again.
- Remember not to let your toes extend your knees.
3. Lemon Grass
The lemon grass is used to make tea or prepare a seasoning out of it. Once you drink it, it will transmit very few calories in your system. If you drink it before eating your meal then it will help you in feeling stuffed and full and hence, you’ll resort to eating less food as compared to your normal intake of it. Moreover, we often catch ourselves eating out of boredom and later feel guilty about all the extra pounds we tend to put on. So drinking this tea in the middle of the day will help in reducing your unnecessary food cravings.
2. Changing Diet
You must be well aware of the fact that half of the problems of weight gain call it quits with a change in diet. You should always remember to eat healthy in order to stay happy! Moreover, a healthy diet plays other roles too such as curing one from various illnesses, helping in beautifying one’s skin and much more. So in order to maintain a toned down hips and thighs start following a strict healthy diet which is as follows,
- Eat food that provide low calories, maintain it between 1200 to 1500 calories per day.
- A low carbohydrate should be a prominent factor in your diet plan as it will help in weight reduction.
- Try to keep a safe distance from sugar intake by keeping sodas, energy drinks and juices out of your diet. However, you can sweeten your drinks with natural sweeteners like honey.
- Drink matcha green tea or lemon tea twice a day which helps in weight loss at a large scale.
1. Drink Water
Yes, you read that correct! You’ve been hearing this statement since you gained senses but there no harm in repeating anyways. In order to reduce weight you should drink loads and loads of water, and drink it even apart from that purpose. It’s essential to drink water because your liver needs to convert the fat stored in your body into energy which can only be done from water and it further enhances one’s metabolism too. So, ladies try drinking at least 8 glasses a day and increase an intake of bananas, cucumbers and melons as they act as good substitutes of water.
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- Drink green tea or lemon tea regularly.
- Never skip breakfast as it’s an essential meal of the day.
- However, you can skip lunch though.
- Don’t try starving yourself, eat more but healthy.
- Let your mind relax because one even tends to begin eating a lot when under tension or depression.
- Take a good night’s sleep and wake up early morning.
- Then go for a morning jog or walk.
- Avoid canned sodas or packed juices.
- Drink fresh grapefruit juice which will help in burning fat.
- Go swimming too!