The hangover, even the thoughts of it brings chills down the spine and creates a subliminal headache. Consequently, it leads to a lethargic feeling when woken up in the morning, along with nauseous traits and a cotton mouth. This is the result of one drinking too much beer, wine, spirits while clubbing along with friends and not anticipating the awful hangover that is an evident red alert lying ahead. You would just instantly know whenever you’re having a hangover while some of its causes occurring to you which are as follows weakness, headache, anxiety, dehydration, trouble while sleeping, feeling blue and some others.
Since you don’t want to end up like Stu, Phil and Alan post a hangover and neither do you want to miss work the next day then you should try to sober up in a smart manner. Fortunately we know some effective ways about how to get rid of a hangover. To correctly distinguish between truth and hoax about hangovers and ways to get rid of them, follow the one’s listed below and they will help you get through it easy and quick.
“Always suffered brutal and severe after effects of drinking too much alcohol which led you feeling uneasy, uncomfortable and irritable? Not anymore.”
15. Drink Water
It’s very simple, common and effective hangover cure. Water is considered to be extremely essential for a living. To those who don’t drink ample amount of water this is a major alert for you, start drinking as much water as you can. Furthermore, it’s one of the best ways to let go of a hangover at some points of time. If you might not be aware of but alcohol sweeps way water from one’s body and in order to counter balance that one should drink loads of water at frequent intervals so that they don’t end up getting dehydrated. Dear readers, make it a habit to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day as it will turn out to be very beneficial for you. In order to compensate drinking beer with water what you need to do is,
- Get a glass of water with every beer/ alcohol/ wine ordered.
- Later, keep on swapping between the two so that you don’t end up being dehydrated.
14. Doze Off!
Sometimes sleep can actually be a source of help for you and especially when you’re suffering from a hangover. Have you ever noticed that why does one reside to sleep? Just so that they end up being in a state of mental peace where nothing matters to them and they’re taken into a world full of our imaginations until their mind finally realizes that it’s time to get back to reality and so they wake up. When you’re going through a hangover,
- Once you wake up, get out of bed and drink 2 glasses of water.
- Later, go to sleep again.
- Keep repeating this over the course of the day until you find yourself at ease and comfort.
- You can even take an off from work that day in order to take a rest.
13. Ginger/ Peppermint Tea
If you’re looking for some magical natural ways about how to cure a hangover, just try this ginger tea. Readers, did you ever know that there are some effective DIY cures to your hangover hidden inside your kitchen? Well now you do! They’re in the form of a ginger or peppermint tea. The tea works towards helping a drunkard get over the after effects of drinking which even leads to nausea and stomach aches. Furthermore, it’s recognized that teas can provide against nausea and motion sickness if there’s a correct use of them made. Moreover, green tea works wonders too!
Quick link = Health benefits of ginger
- Make a ginger or peppermint tea by boiling 2 cups of water.
- Later, adding some chopped ginger (for ginger tea) or a few raw peppermint leaves (for peppermint tea) into the water.
- Next, cover it and let the water absorb their effect.
- Then turn off the stove, let it cool down a bit and drink it.
12. Tea Instead Of Coffee
Mostly people believe that coffee is an efficient solution to combat against the after effects of drinking and suffering from a hangover. However, it’s all a myth as coffee doesn’t purely and completely help one get rid of a hangover but it does work towards deteriorating the situation at particular levels. Furthermore, as coffee contains caffeine all it does is that it revitalizes the body temporarily.
- A similar effect will be offered by energy drinks.
- Moreover, they will disturb the already disturbed stomach even more due to their carbonate ingredients.
- Lastly, the best solution to get rid of a hangover is tea sprinkled with lemon juice.
Exercise is the best natural hangover cure you’ll ever see. I know that you might be thinking whether I’m stupid enough to mention exercise as a way of getting rid of a hangover but even if it isn’t vital enough it does help. However, whatever you drink be it wine, beer or alcohol it metabolizes in your body within an hour or so which leads to the option of an exercise obsolete. But since you exercise,
- There will be an endorphin release which will push your mood to a much higher level.
- Moreover, it will help in eradicating a bit of guilt that you might be carrying as a result of drinking so much.
- But just make sure that you have water by your side in order to stay hydrated.
10. Aspirin And Others
In order to gain efficient and quick results following a hangover all that is required of you is to take aspirin along with a glass of water. Consequently, this would help combat against headaches followed by a hangover. Moreover, you can even increase an intake of multivitamins along with some fruits and vegetables. Furthermore, this helps in,
- Replacing the lost vitamins and minerals of the body.
- Then it even helps in quickening the recovery against a hangover.
- Tomato juices and orang juices are very beneficial.
A lemon is known to help a great deal in order to get rid of the after effects of drinking, hangover. Just a sprinkle of lemon can do wonders! It further helps in combating against dizziness, queasiness, pain in the muscles and sensitivity in terms of light and sound. Moreover, it re-balances the body by controlling the blood sugar level. Follow these tips, if you want to learn how to get rid of a hangover effectively.
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- Add a bit of lemon juice into water.
- Drink it early in the morning.
- Repeat it twice or thrice in a day.
“Now even if you drink excessive alcohol with friends or a date and suffer traits of a severe hangover the next morning then you can still get over it all just by following the ways provided.”
8. Greasy Food
So if you’re planning to go clubbing tonight with friends and intend to drink there then be cautious enough to eat good and an ample amount before going bottoms up with your fellows. As the food you eat slows and lessens down the absorption of the hard liquor you drink. Consequently, it will lead to the alcohol reaching your blood stream quite a while. This is a win-win situation as it will take time until you end up being intoxicated because of this.
7. Bananas And Pretzels
Here we’ll teach you how to cure hangover using banana and pretzels. One thing is certain; a combination of bananas and pretzels can efficiently help cure a hangover. They’re high in salt as well as potassium and help combat against it a great deal. Furthermore, bananas and pretzels have a rich content of water stored in them and so they can lead to dehydrating your body after you’ve drunk alcohol. Moreover,
- They’re even rich in salt and potassium which are considered to be electrolytes that help in eradicating and lowering down dehydration levels.
- Even 2 handfuls of Pretzels can do the trick!
- And at least 2 bananas, both eaten together and at the same time.
Asparagus is known to be a spring vegetable and a flowering plant. It serves wide purposes such as a substitute for varied vitamins as well as minerals. Moreover, it’s used for culinary purposes all around the globe. Do you know asparagus can also be used as an effective hangover cure? Let me tell you that asparagus makes one get rid of a hangover fast and quick! Furthermore, it contains amino acids which makes improvements towards the breakage of human cells in the body. This leads to protection against hydrogen peroxide which can be considered as longshot damage from the intake of alcohol. Moreover,
- Water makes up 93% of Asparagus which helps combating against dehydration which is a consequence of a hangover.
- It even consists of Vitamins B6, calcium, magnesium, potassium and zinc.
- It compliments a beef, prawn or chicken dish nice and well.
5. Oil Pulling
This may seem strange to you but this is a very effective and amazing technique to learn if you want know how to get rid of a hangover. Oil pulling also termed as oil swishing is considered as a folk remedy and an ancient technique where oil is swished or even held amidst the mouth. It’s an Ayurveda dental technique as well and helps in curing against headaches, migraines, asthma, acne and others. So dear readers, if you wake up in the morning and are struck by an awful and severe hangover then this easy remedy will help you get rid of it soon enough. It’s considered to be one of the natural detoxifying techniques that further help in exterminating injurious toxins from the body. What you’re required to do is,
- Try holding or swishing a bit of coconut oil against your mouth.
- Continue it for not more than 20 minutes.
- Next, spit out the oil and rinse your mouth clean.
- You need to exercise this first thing in the morning, immediately after you wake up and even before brushing your teeth.
4. Toasts Or Crackers
Three cheers for everyone who likes to eat on toasts and munch on crackers! In case you didn’t know, but they’re also beneficial in terms of curing a hangover. Moreover, the intake of carbs can boost up the blood sugar level the exact next day of drinking. So when the blood sugar level decreases it is balanced by the liver’s reactions when it produces excessive glucose from the carbs stored in. However, as a result of your excessive drinking your liver will be caught up by metabolizing the alcohol which will lead to a low blood sugar level. However, this can be countered by munching on toasts, eggs and crackers.
- The toast works as a filter and helps in combating against the impurities of the body.
- Moreover, the output of eggs will turn out to be cysteine which will break the alcohol in the body and reduce toxicity.
All hail God’s numerous blessings upon us and one of them which id bestowed upon us in the form of honey. Thanks to God that He created honey bees that further create honey and let us have it at our disposal. Honey is one home remedy for health which is used for various purposes from helping against hair damage to providing with a blemish free clear skin and till getting rid of a severe hangover. Moreover, as it’s full of potassium which further helps in balancing the effects of drinking alcohol. And just like the liver does, even honey helps in metabolizing alcohol in the body because it consists of fructose which is a sort of sugar present in it. If your friend asks you a simple way about how to cure hangover fast, just suggest this honey treatment.All you need to do is,
- Maintain an intake of 3-4 tbsp.’s over the course of an hour until you feel at ease post the hangover.
- Or add 3 tbsp. of honey in water and keep drinking it during the whole day.
- Or juts spread it over with a knife on a toast or cracker and eat it.
2. Tomato Juice
As they say that a full stomach helps the body to swiftly eradicate the accretion of alcohol in it. However, this is not the case with dairy products or fatty foods as they won’t let you get rid of the alcohol toxins found in your body which are a result of excessive drinking. However, the intake of tomato can help a great deal. Moreover, tomato juice will help in getting rid of the hangover as it is considered to contain fructose which is even found inn honey. Moreover, it’s a type of sugar which further helps in metabolizing the alcohol in the body. It even consists of various minerals and enzymes which will work towards attaining the same purpose. To use this amazing hangover cure, you should follow these:
- Begin by pouring tomato juice in a class.
- Next, mix a tbsp. of fresh of lemon juice or honey in it.
- Drink it twice a day, preferably in the morning and later in the afternoon.
1. Kindly, Avoid It
As they say that prevention is better than cure then be it, until now you’ve come across various ways which will help you in getting rid of a severe hangover. Think about it logically, why sit and create a scene of yourself amongst hundreds of strangers whom you’re sure won’t care even a bit if you pass out while being between them. So it’s better not to risk your life and your reputation over such a small deal and try following the tips which are discussed below, given just for you.
- Avoid drinking on an empty stomach.
- Don’t try to mix different drinks together even if it’s just for fun purposes.
- Try to order and drink expensive spirits as compared to cheap alcohol.
- Stir an apple and banana with ice to get over nausea.
- Go for a walk in your garden or just step outside at your balcony or rooftop and enjoy the cool breeze and take some fresh air.
- Take a hot bath filled with hot water with shower gel which helps you get rid of a hangover and make you feel relaxed too.
- Try avoiding energy drinks during that phase.
- If you want to know how to get rid of a hangover, just drink green tea to get cured against a hangover.
- Avoid smoking as it can cause irritation in the stomach.
- Always drink loads of water to counter balance the intake of alcohol.
- Keep your meals light and small for the day.