Double chin is basically a lump of fleshy sack below a person’s chin. It is a layer of thick fat around your neck that bags down and shows a wrinkled formation of skin and flesh that looks like a second chin. This condition mostly occurs in elderly people, and in those who have obesity issues.
The problem of double chin occurs on its own and no one is responsible for the growth of this lump, not even age or gender. Besides excessive fat build up and sagging skin, an excessive reduction in the muscles of face and neck leads to the formation of double skin.
It sometimes directly affects the self-confidence of a person, leading him to be extremely conscious about his overall looks. It is way better to find a proper way to reduce this problem as soon as possible. The very first and best thing is to lose the extra pounds that you have gained. This form of course can be done by following a nutritious and healthy balanced diet and omitting the consumption of oily, starched, fat and sweet foods.
There is a solid chance that you may inherit the problem of double chin from your forefathers, just like your hair, eye color and other chronic diseases, so double chin can be result of your genetics. You just need to have a look at your other family members that whether they are encountering this problem or not. If many of your relatives are having this problem then you may have the chance to develop it too and it is genetically transferred. This genetics will affect the storage of fat under your chin and also the rate of water retention. These are the two major factors that cause the formation of a double chin. If you observe that your double chin problem is caused by genetics, then you cannot do anything about it.
Another major factor that causes double chin is the poor eating habit. Your lifestyle plays a key role in the development and maintenance of your body. Healthy eating can lead to some special pampering of your different body parts and will not let your body grow out of shape. It is not just eating, but regular healthy exercise behaviour also leads to a healthy and prosperous life.
Aging can be another major cause of double chin. Muscle reduction and skin losing process are normal forms of aging than can develop this problem. You may not be aware of, but your double chin carries some very important muscles that help you to talk and chew your food. When these muscles began to loose and reduce, the risk of developing a double chin increases. The situation becomes more dangerous when your skin loses its elasticity and tightness.
There are many tips and tricks that can hide the problem of double chin such as wearing high necks, scarves or moving our head from right to left while taking a photo. Buts that’s not all it’s just too temporary. We just need a proper and permanent solution to this problem that can be serious accumulated with some hardwork and concentration.
This fact can never be denied that a thick stubborn layer of fatty tissues that rely under our chin is most probably caused by excess weight. And it can be due to the transferred genes and aging too. Due to advancement in technology, medicine and science, there are many efficient surgical procedures that can help to reduce the problem of double chin. But these procedures are lengthy and quite expensive to afford. If you want to know how to get rid of double chin, try using natural ways instead of going for surgery. There are many successful and effective home remedies to reduce double chin that are quite pocket-friendly and cause no pain. The key is to reduce excess weight.
As we have gathered some very good and effective home remedies, follow us to have an overall look and to experience a face without a double chin. You just need to do a little hardwork that will show you some amazing results.
“The reasons behind the growth of double chin are either hereditary or excessive weight.”
15. Use Makeup
One of the quickest and easiest ways to hide your double chin is to use makeup. You just have to make your jaw line more prominent than your lumpy neck by using a powder over a concealer. Contouring is the best technique. Use a darker shade than your skin tone that will help you to hide the sagged chin and your face will look thinner and slimmer. For a longer wear use a dark shade concealer on the neck and then finish it with a powder from one ear to another, covering the whole neck. If you cannot grab this idea consult a makeup artist or search online for some amazing makeup tutorials.
- Wearing a nice dark eye makeup with mascara grabs the attention of viewer leaving the neck area.
- You can simply minimise the attractiveness of the lower area of the face by wearing nude shades of lipsticks.
- Keep your hair open and have a long bob or angled cut to hide this annoying problem.
14. Exercise Your Platysma
The very best remedy to get rid of your double chin is to perform some fruitful chin exercises. You can try platysma exercise that works on the muscles that starts from your jaw and runs down your neck called platysma. If you’re looking for how to get rid of a double chin, just try these double chin exercises on the daily basis.
- Stand in a straight position with neck upright and erect.
- Tighten the muscles of your jaw by pulling your lips and lower jaw upwards and keeping the corners of your mouth downwards.
- Hold for 10 seconds and then relax for a while.
- Repeat this procedure 10 times which can be later increased time to time.
13. Limit Your Calories
To get rid of your double chin, you have to deal with your calorie intake. This will help you to reduce that extra fat on your face that is the main cause of your double chin. You can minimize your hunger by eating healthy and clean food. Go for salads, fresh fruits and other low-calorie items. If you are really serious about this matter then the only healthy solution is to lose your weight.
- You need to show a change for a longer and permanent time, so don’t try to be faddish or restrictive towards your diet. Eat but eat healthy and proper.
- Keep a diet that is plenty in vitamins, fiber, fruits, veggies and drink lots of water. You can consult a dietician for a proper diet plan.
- Avoid sweet and unhealthy food like intense desserts, chocolates and also avoid oily and fried foods.
12. Regular Cleansing Facial
Water retention on the chin can be reduced by regular beauty facials. This procedure can be performed at home as well as in a beauty salon. If the fluid retention persists, you may consult a doctor for further consideration who will refer you to a masso-therapist who can massage your chin area expertly and that will unblock the fluid in the chin with proper assistance.
- Take some good quality cleansing or body lotion.
- Apply it on your chin and with your fingers massage the area with upward strokes.
- Start from the neck and go towards the chin.
- Do this procedure for about 10-15 minutes with equal intervals.
11. Chin Lifts
This form of double chin exercises help to tighten and strengthen the muscles of the neck and face. It shows some really positive results and helps to reduce your double chin. You just need to follow the proper performing steps and here you go, in a few days you will be looking gorgeous with thinner and slimmer face.
- Lift and raise your face towards the roof.
- Stand upright with your neck and back straight.
- Shape your lips in an overstressed kissing position.
- Hold for 10 seconds and then release.
- Repeat this method at least 10 times.
10. Milk Massage
Milk is a good source of protein and calcium. Milk massage is an effective DIY treatment for this problem. Massaging your chin with milk can help you to reduce the lumpy flesh under your jaw. It tightens and tones the skin on the chin and reduces the fat accumulated in it. Also, application of milk will reduce the darkness of the skin and will make it soft and beautiful. So If you’re looking for natural ways of how to get rid of double chin, milk massage is an effective remedy.
- Apply milk on the chin and massage with your fingertips.
- Later rinse with water and repeat this procedure several times in a day.
- Another better option is to make a honey and milk mask.
- Mix both the ingredients and apply it on the chin.
- Keep it for 10 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Follow this procedure once daily.
Melon is one of the amazing fruits that can help to reduce the annoying growth of double chin. Being a good source of potassium, vitamin A and C it will erase the formation of a double chin. You need not eat it but to apply it on your skin.
- You just need to extract some melon juice.
- Use a soft cotton ball to apply it on the skin around the double chin.
- Massage for few seconds and then leave for 10 minutes.
- After that wash with lukewarm water and pat the area dry with a towel.
- For best results mix this juice with some apple juice and then apply onto your skin.
- You can also eat some melon to get better water content and it will also flush toxins out of your body.
“Always keep your face muscles in a moving position to get rid of the double chin problem.”
8. Green Tea
Learn how to get rid of a double chin problem using green tea. Green tea is one of the herbal teas that contains potent and good amount of antioxidants. These antioxidants help to flush away toxins out of the body, this helps to reduce weight. It also contains various other components that will speed up human metabolism. This will surely help you to burnout those extra pounds and it will become a major factor for a reduced double chin. Start your beautiful day with a cup of green tea and have it several times in a day.
- Take a teaspoon of green tea herb and add it in a cup of boiling water.
- Simmer the tea for 10 minutes and then strain.
- Drink this tea several times in a day for better results.
Note: Excess drinking of green tea may cause constipation. Always keep a check and it in severe case reduce the consumption.
7. Vitamin E
Another very effective and best way to reduce double chin is to increase the intake of vitamin E in your diet. It will enhance the general health and beauty of your skin along with increasing elasticity of skin. You should include vitamin E enriched foods in your diet such as wheat germ oil, green leafy vegetables, brown rice, dairy products, nuts and seeds, barley, soybean, legumes, liver and peanuts. You can also take a daily dose of vitamin E supplements.
Note: Always consult a doctor before taking any sort of supplements.
A fresh glycerine mask can show some wonders to reduce your double chin problems. You just need to do a little hardwork and you can say bye-bye to the fatty double chin.
- Form a mask by mixing about one tablespoon of glycerine, few drops of peppermint oil and a teaspoon of Epsom salt.
- Use a soft cotton ball and apply it on your double chin.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
- Repeat this method at least 3-4 times a week to see the difference.
5. Egg Whites
A nutritious egg white mask can show some miraculous results in reducing your double chin. Egg whites are enriched with proteins and it will surely reduce the water retention in your double chin. It gives a tightening and strengthening effect to your skin and will also maintain the overall health of your skin.
- Take two egg whites and thoroughly mix them together.
- Add one tablespoon of milk, honey and some lemon juice.
- Also add a few drops of peppermint oil.
- Apply this amazing mask on the double chin area and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water and then pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Apply this mask once daily to see some effective results.
4. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is used as a skin tightening agent around the world from centuries. If used regularly it will improve and enhance the elasticity of the sagged skin around the neck and will help you to get rid of your double chin.
- Slightly warm a few tablespoons of cocoa butter on stove or microwave.
- Gently apply it on the area around neck and massage with your fingers.
- Do this procedure before taking a shower or before going to bed.
3. Wheat Germ Oil
Wheat germ oil is an important remedy if you’re looking for how to get rid of a double chin problem. Wheat germ oil is a rich source of vitamin E and a regular massage with this oil will get rid of that annoying double chin that is destroying your overall beauty and appearance. Along with nourishing your skin, it also tightens and strengthens your skin.
- Take some wheat germ oil and apply some on your neck before going to bed.
- Massage the area gently in the upward direction for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Leave it overnight on your skin.
- Repeat this remedy on the regular basis to see some noticeable improvement.
Note: In case of skin irritation, remove the oil and contact your doctor as soon as possible.
2. Chew Sugar Free Gum
To reduce your double chin, you always have to keep your jaw and neck muscles in movement for toning purposes. You need to give a little workout to your jaw and the best possible method is to chew a gum. If you are sugar conscious then always opt for a sugar-free fruit gum. It will also help you to maintain healthy teeth and gums. You need to simply chew a sugar-free gum in different times of the day to get rid of this visible problem. This is one of the simplest double chin exercises for this problem.
1. Olive Oil Massage
Olive oil is one of the most effective and healthy ways to reduce body fat. Regular massage with this essential oil will reduce the lumpy flesh from the double chin. This oil will also tighten and strengthen the skin around the neck. So if you were looking for a way about how to get rid of double chin, olive oil is the best answer.
- Take some olive oil on your fingertips and apply it onto your neck and double chin area.
- Massage the area in the upward direction by gently pushing the double chin.
- Leave it overnight and rinse it with warm water the next morning.
- Repeat this remedy everyday for some effective results.
Additional Tips And Tricks
- Always consider your sitting posture, keep your neck up and head straight to avoid the growth of double chin.
- Improve your health by doing some cardiovascular workout and weight training.
- Add a healthy diet plan to your routine. Avoid any kind of oily and fat foods.
- While working on your double chin, use some healthy tricks to hide your double chin such as makeup, clothing or make a particular hairstyle.
- Drink lots of water and eat fresh fruits that contain a good amount of water such as cucumbers, melon, celery and lettuce. Limit your consumption of alcohol, coffee, carbonated drinks and tea. Good water intake will reduce water retention in your double chin.