Tired of dry and frizzy hair which goes crazy while you try to detangle them? Then you watch a television advertisement and happily run off to the store to buy that expensive product that promises to get you rid of that frizzy hair, and then 2 months later you are one of the 50 others who are holding on their phones, waiting in-line to talk to a customer representative to complain that the product didn’t work and to demand a refund (which you will never get off-course). Well the first mistake you made was that you ignored the nature’s gift of things that your hair is yelling at you to use. So the question is, how to get rid of frizzy hair naturally and where to find these natural remedies? These natural things all around us are all that your frizzy hair actually need. And you won’t complain because nature never disappoints.
“17 home remedies for frizzy hair that are difficult to tame down. Hair masks for frizzy hair. Some remedies and hair masks for hair that refuse to be tamed. Banana hair mask.”
17. Carbonated Water
You might have scolded your friends or family members for spilling a soft drink on your hairs for fun, all the time cursing them and thinking that what a mess your already frizzy hair would become after this. Actually you should be thanking them. The carbonate in those soft drinks keeps your hair hydrated until you wash it off. The only problem is that those soft drinks have sugar in them which makes your hair hard. So do wash your hair whenever this incident happens.
Proper application of carbonated water is:
- Buy some pure carbonated water (in which nothing has been added).
- Shampoo your hair normally using a shampoo without conditioner.
- Rinse your hair with some carbonated water after washing off the shampoo.
- Do it regularly and don’t give up. It takes some time to show its effects but you’ll get frizz free hair ultimately .
16. Hair Spray For Urgency
As I mentioned above; hair spray comes in handy when you haven’t tried the amazing hair masks and your hair shows a kink from here and there. There are times when we just want our hair to look flawless and we cannot afford any kinks. Like, for instance, when you have to attend an official business meeting – the kinks just don’t go with the formal impression you want to create.
- Spray some hairspray on your hands and settle the frizz with the hands.
- The more long lasting the hairspray, the longer your kinks will behave themselves.
15. Banana Treatment
Bananas are not just good for body health; they are also good for hair healt as they provide a simple but effective DIY solution for frizzy hair. They are available whole year long so you won’t be waiting for a particular season to get rid of those irritating frizzy hair and shine in parties like those TV ads. Just go to the market and buy some bananas right now and follow these simple steps if you really want to know how to get rid of frizzy hair using natural remedies.
- Put one banana on a bowl and mash it until there are no lumps remaining.
- Mix 1/4th cup of yogurt, 2 tablespoons each of honey and olive oil.
- Thoroughly mix the mixture.
- Apply the mask of whole mixture on your hair and let it dry. Use a bathing hair cap if you can.
- Wash the mixture after 30-60mins and take a bath applying shampoo and conditioner as usual.
Banana has vitamins and stuff (check) that absorb moisture and keeps your hair shiny. All you need to do is repeat this process once a week.
14. Egg Treatment
Yes I know this one is famous. And it really works too. But many people don’t know how to do it right. There are a lot of confusions as some people say don’t shampoo after using it while some say you should separate the yolk from the white of egg. Well here is the correct method to get frizz free hair:
- Take one egg and 1/4th cup of either olive oil or almond oil.
- Mix them thoroughly together and apply the mixture to your hair.
- Let it stay for around 20-40min and not too long.
- Wash it with a good rich nourishing shampoo and conditioner.
Egg has nutrients like fat and protein that repair damaged hair while oil captures moisture and prevents hair from becoming dry.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another remedy for frizzy hair and it gives an added bonus of shiny hair. You can also use simple vinegar if apple cider vinegar is hard to find, but apple cider is preferred. The acid in the vinegar is what actually reduces the frizz. So here is a simple method that will teach you how to get rid of frizzy hair for good.
- Mix one table-spoon of apple cider vinegar with half cup of water to reduce the acidity of vinegar. Too much acid can be bad for hair.
- When you are done shampooing and conditioning your hair, do a final rinse with the mixture you just made.
- Repeat it every 2-4 weeks.
- Alternatively, you can use a cotton ball to soak the mixture and apply on your hair, along-with combing to distribute the solution.
- Wash your hair after 15mins. Repeat this every week.
Oiling of hair is one of the most common and important remedies for all kinds of hair. Oil can absorb moisture and it also has proteins that can keep hair long and strong. Frizzy hair, on the other hand, needs a different kind of oiling. The best oil for this frizzy hair technique is olive oil, but you can also use coconut, caster, rosemary or almond oil. Here is what to do:
- Take up one cup of oil and warm it up. Don’t heat it too much, just warm it.
- Apply the warm oil on your hair, gently rubbing and evenly distributing oil over your whole head.
- You can wrap a hot towel around your head to increase moisture absorption.
- After about half an hour, wash your hair with shampoo and cold water.
- Repeat it 3 times a week.
Mayonnaise, one of the tastiest of foods can make your hair into one of the shiniest and bounciest of them all. It has both eggs and oil present in it which will give your hair the shine strength and layer of protective moisture that it needs to get rid of that frizz.
- Take half a jar of mayonnaise and pour one tablespoon of olive oil and either lemon juice or vinegar and then mix one egg in it too.
- Mix the mixture thoroughly and keep it in a jar.
- Once a week, after washing your hair, apply the mixture on your damp hair and wrap your hair in a hot towel.
- After about half an hour, thoroughly wash your hair with cold water.
The concept is not to make your head a tasty food dish; it is to make your hair look as beautiful as food does. Yogurt is another of the foods that have the ability to absorb moisture and keep the hair from drying out. To make a yogurt paste for frizz free hair:
- Take 3 tablespoons of yogurt, 2 table spoons of coconut oil and 4 tablespoons of aloe-Vera gel.
- Mix them thoroughly and make a paste.
- Apply the paste evenly on your hair and let it stay for about 30mins.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo after 30mins and repeat this process once a week.
Coconut is another famous hair therapy. It is used for getting long hair, strong hair, silky hair etc. Coconut oil is a heavy oil and it affects deep down into the hair shaft. You will need pure coconut oil, sometimes also known as coconut milk if you’re wondering how to get rid of frizzy hair naturally?
- Coconut milk is usually solid, so you will need to warm it to melt it into oil.
- Take two tablespoons of coconut milk or as required by the length of your hair and apply them all over the hair.
- Cover you hair with a warm towel and leave it for 30mins before washing it off.
- If you have very dry hair then leave it overnight and wash it in the morning.
Lemon is one of the most readily available ingredients in all houses. Lemon also has a plethora of benefits, including its ability to provided important vitamins needed for healthy hair. Mix with honey and you have the ultimate moisturiser solution for frizz free hair.
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- Mix two tablespoons each of lemon juice and honey into a cup of water.
- If you have blonde hair, you can reduce the cup of water to half a cup as less diluted lemon juice acts as a bleaching agent prolonging the blondness of hair.
- After washing your hair, apply the mixture to your hair and try avoiding the scalp.
- Leave it for 15-20mins before washing it with warm water and a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the procedure regularly once every week.
“17 home remedies for frizzy hair to try for everyone who has frizzy hair. Home remedies for frizzy hair that everyone should try out. Nourishing hair masks for hair. Avocado hair mask.”
Learn how to get rid of frizzy hair using avocado treatment. Avocado is a traditional recipe for beautiful hair, and it is highly effective too. If you don’t want to buy expensive artificial vitamin-E for frizzy hair remedy then vitamin-E rich avocado is your best option to go for. All you have to do is make an avocado paste.
Quick link = Benefits of Avocado
- Take one ripe avocado, cut it in half, take out its seed, and then mash it.
- Put some olive oil in the mixture and, if you want, you can add some curd in it too for more silky hair.
- After you shampoo your hair, apply the mixture mask and let it sit for about 20mins.
- Rinse your hair with cold water and apply conditioner to remove avocado scent if you want.
- Repeat this procedure once or twice every week.
Aspirin has always been a life saver medicine for all headaches and fevers and cold etc. which means that everyone will have aspirin tablets in your homes. Now aspirin has yet another use. Aspiring helps because residue and product build up in hair also causes frizzy hair. The salicylic acid in aspirin removes build up and restores the shiny look of hair. Using aspiring is not as hard as other remedies.
Quick link = How to get rid of a headache fast
- Just crush one aspirin and add the powder to your shampoo while using the shampoo.
- Repeat this every time you shampoo. You should never shampoo daily so make sure you shampoo on alternate days.
Honey has the ability to attract moisture and it is also full of antioxidants and nutrients that feed health into your hair. Honey is a thick sticky substance so you cannot just apply it directly or it will just make a sticky mess. It needs a medium to help it spread. So the best medium to provide would be something that will give an added health benefit to hair too. Here are three ways you can use it to get frizz free hair.
- Mix together 1/4th cup of honey with 10 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and use it as a shampoo on damp hair, leaving it for 15mins before washing it off.
- Mix ½ cup honey and ¼ cup of olive oil. Warm the mixture before applying like oil on hair.
- Warm 3 tablespoons of coconut oil to melt it and mix it with ¼ cup of honey and apply on damp hair and wash it after 10mins.
If you want to know how to get rid of frizzy hair naturally , milk is one of the best natural treatments. Milk has proteins, vitamins, and fats etc. all of which are heavenly items for hair. There are, again, many ways that milk can be used for hair treatment. Just choose the one that suits the things that you have available at your home or are easily accessible to you and get started.
- Pour some un-boiled milk in a bowl and use a piece of cotton to soak it and apply it on your hair. After thoroughly applying it, leave it for an hour and then wash your hair.
- Make a paste by adding ¼ cup of goat milk powder to water. Massage your hair with this paste and the wrap your hair with a warm towel. Wash your hair with a shampoo after some time.
- Before doing an egg treatment as explained above, apply milk on the head for 5-10mins and then wash your hair and carry on with the egg treatment.
3. Curry Leaves
Curry leaves are a great, tasty food ingredient, but they are also an ayurvedic hair treatment for frizzy hair. They contain calcium, phosphorus, iron and a lot of vitamins to nourish your hair. The added benefit of curry leaves is that it is easily available and it is also easy to use too. Follow these simple steps to have beautiful frizz free hair.
- Add 5-6 curry leaves in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and heat them for a few minutes and then turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Apply it on the hair thoroughly.
- Wrap a warm towel on your hair and leave it for 15mins before washing it off with a shampoo.
2. Black Tea
Black tea is another surprising remedy for frizzy hair. Black tea is a moisture binder, which is what frizzy hair needs the most. It is also a natural conditioner for hair. One more benefit is that you don’t have to do anything out of the way to prepare it for use for hair treatment. Just make some tea for drinking as usual.
- Boil tea bags in water just as you do to make tea.
- Take out the tea that you need, and leave the remaining tea to cool down.
- After the tea has cooled down, pour it on your hair and spread it evenly over the hair.
- Leave it for 20-30mins and then wash it off.
1. Aloe Vera
Whenever you read anything about hair health, it is a must that aloe Vera would be mentioned there. Aloe Vera is being used for hair nourishing for years now. It is such an old moisturizer and conditioner for hair that many ways to use it have been discovered. The 3 best ways to use it are:
- Apply some Aloe-Vera juice directly on hair and wash it after a few minutes.
- Use a mixture of 4 tablespoons of Aloe Vera juice, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 3 tablespoons of yogurt on hair.
- Mix 1 cup Aloe Vera gel with 3 cups of coconut oil and after thoroughly mixing it, keep it in a cold environment and use it twice a week for oiling hair and getting rid of frizz.
Try these out instead of falling for those advertisements again. Remember, nature has provided a solution for every problem that comes naturally. So, always look into natural solutions first before looking into other artificial means. Just don’t make your hair frizzy yourself by not taking good care of hair.
- Avoid combing wet hair.
- Avoid using flat iron on wet hair.
- Do not tie your hair too tightly.
- Rinse your hair with cold water.
By following these simple care taking advises and the home remedies that you think you can follow, your hair should remain shiny and strong and bouncy, even when you become old.