Thinking about corns? What are these basically? How do they affect the feet’s? Here we will define you that how corns occur and what will be the methods to cure it. Corns are a small granular or circular spot that is a hard and thickened skin that progress when the skin is visible to excessive pressure or roughness. A corn most often makes their homes on the feet, especially on the tops and sides of the toes, soles of your feet and even between the fingers of the toes. They can also advance on other parts of the body as well. Corns on feet can be especially irritating .
The most common cause of corn on foot is walking or running in shoes that are not comfortable or not properly fit to the feet. Another reason of foot corn that could be possible is standing for very long periods of time wearing tight shoes or high heels. If you want to know how to get rid of corns, first you need to know the causes for effective corn removal and further prevention.
Other possible causes could be:
- walking without wearing shoes that is bare feet walk,
- wearing shoes without socks,
- manual labor work
- Taking part in sports activities that put pressure on the feet.
“These masks remedies and precautions will assist in curing corn at home. Unfortunately, if you are diabetic patient or suffering from corn acute pain, then you should consult a doctor for proper medical treatment. It is best to consult a doctor first, than relying on these tips at home. Different things react differently to each and every body.“
13. Pumice Stones
One of the commonly used techniques for corns on feet that is followed in each and every home is the use of pumice stones. Now there are many different varieties, colors and textures available in the market regarding pumice stones. Massaging of pumice stone for the corn feet’s and its nearby areas is an effective remedy for corns. What it does? A pumice stone removes the dead skin or the thickened skin that was developed on the feet by rubbing it properly on the feet. This rubbing in turn reduces the pain and it heals up the feet.
What is the method?
- Before going to bed soak your feet in Luke warm and comfortable water for about 10 to 15 minutes so that the skin of your feet soften and will be easy to remove.
- Now gently rub the feet with pumice stone up and down to the area that is affected.
- Rub it for four to five minutes.
- After rubbing your feet, pat your feet.
- Now dip a cotton ball in castor oil and then apply it or leave it on the corn by securing it with some tape or bandage and leave it there for the whole night.
- The next morning, open up the tapes and apply some more castor oil for several times throughout the day.
- Repeat this remedy for several days till the corn feet is not removed completely.
12. Castor Oil
Another way of using castor oil is, by placing corn pads on the corn. These corn pads are also available in the market. Here are some effective ways you can use to get rid of corn on foot. Caster oil is one of the best options if you are looking for a proper solution about how to heal cracked feet.
- You can utilize castor oil as a cure to your corns on your feet. It will act as shield on your feet.
- To provide protection to your corn feet, you require a non -medicated, polo-shaped pads.
- Put one pad on your corn feet, drop bit of castor oil and bandage it with cotton
- After it, tie it with a good quality tape. So that the pad do not lose its position.
- The pad cover the corn and protects it from pressure. Moreover, castor oil maintain the moisture of the skin.
- The castor oil can flow out from the feet dressing, which may cause stains. That’s why it is good to wear socks, but socks should be neat and clean as safety to bacterial attack.
11. White Vinegar
The use of white vinegar is also a tested and tried remedy for the healing of corns. The high level of acidity in white vinegar helps the hard skin to soften down. Also it is used as antifungal and antibacterial supplement due to its properties of decreasing the risk of infection or allergy. Follow the given steps for an effective foot corn treatment.
- All that you will have to do is that before going to bed, mix one part of white vinegar with three parts of water.
- Now slowly drop this diluted vinegar solution onto the corn.
- Cover that area of corn feet with an adhesive bandage and leave it for the night.
- The next morning, remove the thickened skin with a pumice stone or any other hard board that can be used to remove the skin without giving pain like emery board.
- Apply some olive oil or coconut oil to keep the area moistened.
- Use this remedy once daily until the corn comes out.
10. Baking Soda
Baking soda can be very effective in corn removal. Baking soda is also known as the exfoliating and healing agent. It also has antifungal and antibacterial properties that will help keep your skin free from infections. Diseases like corn on the feet can be easily removed by this method.
- Add two to three tablespoons of baking soda to a tub of warm water.
- Soak your feet in this tub for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rub the exfoliated or corny area with a pumice stone to remove the dead skin.
Another option is
- Mix together one teaspoon of baking soda, a little lemon juice and water to make a paste.
- Apply it carefully, only on the affected area.
- Cover it with a bandage and leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, rinse off the paste with lukewarm water and then exfoliate gently with a pumice stone.
- You can use either of these remedies once daily until the corn dries and flakes off.
If you want to know some simple natural ways of how to get rid of corns, try the magical powers of lemon. People use this technique of lemon in pedicure or manicure as well. It is another good home remedy for corns on your feet.
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- The citric acid in lemon works to soften the hardened skin that makes up the corn, so it eventually removes the dead skin and the corn.
- Apply fresh lemon juice on the corn and allow it to air dry.
- Do this at least three times daily.
Another alternate is
- Soak two pieces of cloves in one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice for 15 minutes.
- Now eliminate or stir the cloves from the mixture and rub the lemon juice on the corn. Allow it to dry naturally and then apply the juice again. Repeat several times a day.
Another option is to
- Mix one teaspoon of Brewer’s yeast with a little lemon juice to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste onto the corn, cover it with a bandage, and leave it throughout the night.
You can use any of these three remedies daily until you are satisfied with the result.
Garlic is a natural antioxidant and hence very helpful in treating corns. Also, its antibacterial and antifungal properties will prevent infection. Garlic has amazing health benefits to get rid of many diseases including corns on feet. Here are three more methods of trying this home remedy:
- Rub half of a garlic clove on the corn. Let the skin dry, cover it with a bandage and leave it on overnight. The next morning, remove the bandage and wash your feet with warm water. Do this every night until the corn disappears.
- Cut two to three garlic cloves into small pieces, add a pinch of salt and then make a paste of it. Apply the paste on your corn, secure it with an adhesive bandage and leave it on for three days. On the third day when you remove the bandage, the corn will also come off. If needed, repeat the process.
- Another remedy is to make a paste of two garlic cloves, add a little vinegar to the paste and then apply it directly on the corn. Put a cotton ball over it and secure it with tape. Leave it on for two to three hours and then remove the tape and clean the area. Repeat the process daily for several weeks.
7. Turpentine Oil
Turpentine oil is a strong antiseptic that can help treat various forms of corn. The oil penetrates into the skin quickly that is why the process of healing occurs very fast. Here is how you can use it to get rid of corn on foot:
- Wrap ice in a thin cloth and massage the affected area with it for two minutes.
- Pat it until it dries the area and rubs some turpentine oil on the corn.
- Then, put a bandage over it and leave it on overnight.
- Do this daily before going to bed.
If you do not want to do this then
- Melt one-fourth cup of extra-virgin coconut oil in the microwave.
- Mix in one tablespoon of turpentine oil and two tablespoons of camphor oil.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Now, soak your feet in warm water for a few minutes, pat dry and then apply this homemade cream on the corn.
- You can store the rest material or cream in an air-tight jar.
- Repeat this method two or three times daily.
There are several enzymes in papaya that helps in removing off the hard and dead skin. Also, papaya can ease any pain or discomfort and even help the corn dry up and fall off faster. For best results, use raw papaya for foot corn.
- Crush or grate a small piece of raw papaya and extract the juice of that papaya.
- Now, soak a cotton ball in this juice, put it on the corn and secure it with tape.
- Leave it for whole night.
- The next day, use a pumice stone to gently remove the dead and affected skin.
- Repeat daily until you are satisfied with the result.
Hence, papaya is also a good source of removing the corns.
Licorice is often recommended to the people in order to treat corns on feet due to its amazing healing and medicinal properties. In Ayurvedic medicines, it is highly used due to its properties. Here is the recipe for an effective corn removal treatment using licorice.
- Mix one tablespoon of licorice powder with enough mustard oil to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area before going to bed.
- Put a bandage over it and leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, remove the bandage and wash the area with lukewarm water.
Do this every night, until the corn becomes soft and decreases in size.
If you want to learn how to get rid of corns using natural herbs, turmeric is one of the best herbal remedy. The corn can be healed from turmeric. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory nature, therefore turmeric can be used as a healing agent for treating discomfort, reduce pain and speed up healing.
Quick link = Turmeric benefits
- Make a mixture of one tablespoon turmeric powder and little honey.
- Gently operate it on the corn and permit to get dry naturally.
- Apply the mixture twice or thrice on the corn feet. Practice it at least once a week to get effective results.
If desired, you can also made the following paste
- One tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel with ½ teaspoon of turmeric.
- Gently apply the paste on the corn feet.
- Dress it with a bandage and leave the mixture for at least a whole night.
- After it, scrub the pumice stone on the suffered skin and also utilize some moisturizer.
- Use the mixture until you are done with your scorn.
You can get rid of corn, even with pineapple. For the purpose of corns’ treatment, peel pineapple as compare to the plump fruit. The peel of pineapple is comprised of enzymes, which play a vital role for softening the corn skin. Try the following remedy to heal corns on feet.
Peel off the pineapple and Cut a small square.
- Set the pineapple peel’s inner part over the corn, gauze it, endure it with neat socks and leave it for a single night.
- At the next day, remove the bandage, clean your body and then scrub some coconut oil or any other oil.
- You can rely on it. For effective results practice this remedy every night at least for one week or until you are done with corn.
2. Stalk The Corn With Acid
Even you can cure corn on foot with an acid. For efficient results you can rely on this procedure. One fountain of salicylic acid is plain old aspirin.
- To can prepare homemade corn treating paste, for this crush five aspirin until the powder form is gained.
- Then add one-half teaspoon of lemon juice and one-half teaspoon water.
- Operate the mixture on the thickened skin; shield it with plastic wrap, then coat it with a heated towel.
- Erase the paste, after 10 minutes and gently rub dead cells of skin with a pumice stone.
1. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Alternatively, melt one-fourth cup of extra-virgin coconut oil in the microwave as an effective foot corn treatment.
- Mix in one tablespoon of turpentine oil and two tablespoons of camphor oil.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Next, soak your feet in warm water for a few minutes, pat dry and then apply this homemade cream on the corn feet.
- Store the rest in an air-tight jar.
- Repeat two or three times daily.
- You can also utilize Epsom salt for corn remedy. Just soak your feet in salt bath to get rid from the acute pain of a corn or also for corn removal.
- For safety purpose, set protective pads over the corn. It decrease friction and pressure on the corn suffered skin. Moreover, protect it from germs as well.
- Apply moisturizers (coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil). It not only dry corns and also soften the corn.
- Wear comfortable shoes in which you feel at ease. If there is need put some extra padding.
- Don’t walk barefoot and boycott the fancy shoes that hurts your feet.
- Trim your toenails, it will prevent pressure on your toes.
- Make it habit to clean your feet and hands with moisturizing cleanser or soap and water every night.
- Never shave corns. It increases the risk of skin infection.