There are four different stages of life i.e. childhood, youth, middle age and old age. Every human being (Men or women) have to pass all these stages in his/her life while alive. Where youth means the life’s most pleasant time, grace and fair skin; middle or old age means time to fight different diseases, wrinkles and saggy skin. I mean who would want that? Every single woman among us would want to hear her name when asked the magic mirror about who is the fairest in the land? But aging is also a fact and youth have to see aging after some years. We cannot really reverse the time and have youth all over again but with the help of some super foods or ingredients we can slow down the aging and its effects. Following are some super foods that can slow down the effects of aging in your life and can add some more youthful years to it. The listed food items qualify to be best anti-aging foods for you to look 25 again.
“Just by following few of these tips and techniques you can look 25 in your late 30’s. Exercise is a key to look fresh. Develop a regular routine including exercise, healthy diet and proper use of cosmetics like sunscreens etc.”
In my childhood the spinach I know was the green paste came in a can and available in Popeye the sailor’s pocket only. Each time Olive oyl, his girlfriend, gets into trouble he finds strength to fight against the evil from that spinach can. But after growing a little old, I have come to know about the other nutrient facts about spinach and now spinach is like a rock star food for me which has multiple benefits including prevention against cancer, fight skin diseases and anti-aging etc.
Spinach has the best antioxidant properties which makes it the best anti-aging food. You need to start eating more spinach daily than ever before. You can eat spinach raw or cooked, depends on your own taste. You also have the option to add spinach to make a refreshing cocktail juice. Some more ideas to eat spinach are:
- You can make spinach salad.
- Add spinach to a soup for lunch.
- Stuff spinach paste in pasta.
19. Olive Oil
Natural oils, especially olive oil have some powerful nutrient and antioxidant properties. These properties helps keep youthful glow on your face and makes you look younger. Olive oil also prevents wrinkles with the containment of Vitamin B and D in it. For excellent results, you can make a face mask with help of olive oil. The process of making a face mask includes:
- Take 1 apple and smash it to make a paste.
- Add 2 tbsp honey to this paste and blend the mixture in a blender.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and blend all components again to make a soft paste.
- Apply this paste on your face as a mask.
- After 5-7 minutes, when the mask is dry, wash your face.
Carrots are one of the root vegetables which are famous for their ultimate health benefits. Carrots contain carotene which slows the aging of our skin cells. Carrots also contains large amount of vitamin C which prevents wrinkles. You must start drinking carrot juice from today or eat raw carrots in your diet to maintain a youthful appearance. Carrot soup is also a good option for dinners.
You can also make a carrot face pack for direct effects on your skin.
- Peel and then crush a carrot with the help of a crusher.
- Add 2 tbsp of honey in that crushed material to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your skin for 5 minutes.
- Clean your face with a wet towel.
Fish is a powerful food with many health benefits. Whereas, fish like salmon is considered as the best sea food diet because of its excellent nutrient properties for human health. The cold water fish, salmon, is rich in protein, minerals and other nutrients including Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega3 fatty acids are better support for skin and hair. Omega3 is best anti-aging food which strengthens your skin cell crusts and prevents wrinkles and saggy skin.
To preserve all the health benefits of Salmon do not fry the salmon because frying will reduce the nutritional value of this food. You must consume at least 4 ounces of salmon or other fish, rich in omage3 fatty acids for better results for skin.
- You can Bake, Grill or Boil salmon and eat it.
- You can add grilled cube of fish in salad.
- You can add grilled fish petty to your burgers and sandwiches.
- If you do not like eating fish, you can take fish oil supplements as well.
Yogurt is loaded with vitamin D, calcium and high protein. Vitamin D and calcium helps to make your bones strong. Strong bones mean your own strength. Apart from bone care yogurt is also an important food for skin care. Yogurt also makes you hydrated throughout the day. The antioxidants present in the yogurt keeps your skin cells stretched and prevent sagginess. Hence makes you fresh and your skin glow.
- You can eat plain yogurt anytime.
- Yogurt can be used in salad.
- You can add different nuts in fresh yogurt for breakfast.
- You can also make a yogurt sundae including fruits and honey.
Tomato is an essential ingredient in our daily cooking and everybody loves them in pizzas and pastas but has someone ever tried to figure its nutrient values and health benefits? Let me share them with you. Tomato is a king when it comes to foods containing antioxidants. Tomato adds in improving your skin health and makes your skin glow. With such glowing skin you look younger and prettier than before. Tomato are high in lycopene, potassium and vitamin C to protect your skin from sun, keeps your skin hydrated and stretch the skin cells respectively. Some of the ideas to eat tomato are as follows:
- Add cut pieces of tomato in fresh salad.
- The best way is to eat tomato raw.
- Add tomato in daily cooking, baking and stuff.
- Make a tomato smoothie for freshness for your face.
You can also make a face mask including tomato at home to make your face fresh. It includes some of the simple steps as follows:
- Cut a tomato in half.
- Apply these cut tomatoes to your face and massage gently.
- After 5 minutes of massage, let your face dry.
- Rinse off and you will see good results.
The health benefits of almonds are still unfolded. The researchers discovered that almonds contain different vitamins especially the rare vitamin E also. This vitamin E is a power pack vitamin that keeps you active and graceful for many years. Thus almond is also a superfood containing anti-aging properties to make you look younger and fresh. Almond is easily available in the nut and oil form. Some ideas to eat more almonds are as follows:
- Add chopped almonds in your yogurt bowl for breakfast.
- You can eat almond butter with bread for breakfast.
- Add almonds in chopped form to your fruit salad.
- Choose an almond and pistachio topping for your ice cream.
It is always very difficult to convince people about the benefits of chocolates when they are still confused to think chocolates are bad for health. Let me tell you that chocolates are not bad themselves but their excessive consumption is bad actually. Chocolates, on the other hand, have best antioxidants to help prevent wrinkles and keep your skin attractive. It is best food to control you cholesterol and smooth the flow of blood.
With such health benefits, chocolates are a super food which must be included to your diet but this does not mean to eat lots of chocolates. You must keep in mind that the chocolates are also full of calories which can make you fat and cause pimples on the face. Moderation is a key while eating chocolates. Some ideas to eat chocolate other than chocolate bar are:
- You can add chocolate to your desserts.
- You can make Brownies with chocolate.
- Chocolate fudge is a must have to satisfy your appetite.
- Chocolate and Oreo shake is your favorite summer beverage.
All kind of berries are useful for health and source of antioxidants but blueberries, in particular, are above all in antioxidant containment. The higher the value of antioxidant the more beneficial a food is to slow down aging process. Berries also contain vitamin C which is good for your skin also and helps restore damaged cells of your body. You can yourself make an anti-aging mixture with help of blueberries.
- Take 5 blueberries in a bowl.
- Mash them and make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face for 5 minutes and then rinse off.
You can also add blueberries to your diet with some of these following ideas:
- Make a Blueberry juice which is full of health benefits.
- For breakfast, you can add blueberries in yogurt bowl.
- You can use blueberries for the topping of your pancakes, cakes and other deserts.
- Blueberries can also be an ingredient in your salad and pasta.
Cucumber masks or cucumber as ingredient in different facial products has been used for sometimes now. Cucumber contains silica which helps you to reverse time and look young. It also keeps your body hydrated and fresh which is another way to feel young. Cucumber when applied on face stretches the skin and prevents wrinkles. The better ways to use a cucumber for face are:
- Make a paste by mashing a cucumber and apply it as a face mask.
- Use cucumber with honey and lemon juice to prepare a scrub for your face.
- You can use the cuts of cucumber to massage your face daily.
Guava is another fruit which is recommended as an anti-aging superfood. Guava is an excellent source of vitamin C and contains some other vitamins and antioxidants important for anti-aging and cancer prevention. Vitamin C, in body, is important to provide collagen in skin cells and make you look younger.
You can eat a guava just like a fruit in different pieces, with its skin on or can add these pieces to fruit salad. Guava sure can be used to make different desserts and jam. Guava juice or smoothie is also an option for you to consume guava.
Another nutrient food in our list of super foods is avocado. Avocado makes your skin beautiful and fresh because of its hydration properties and containment of some essential fatty acids, Oleic acid in particular, for skin and anti-aging benefits. Avocado also contains vitamin E for skin protection and strength. Such properties make avocado a super food to avoid aging. You can consume avocado in one of these possible ways:
Quick link = Benefits of Avocado
- Being a fruit, avocado, can be eaten raw.
- You can add avocado slices in sandwiches and burgers.
- Avocado fries are tastier than potato fries. And while serving fries you can even have a homemade avocado sauce.
Pomegranate is my favorite food because of its color, taste and healthy effects on skin. If you also find your skin pale and dull, have freckle marks and fear wrinkles. Doctor might recommend you to choose some freckles and whitening creams but what I suggest is forget about everything and bring pomegranate home. It might be difficult for you to cut the fruit and take out its seeds to eat. While struggling with it, it may also print its color at your white shirt even. But, everything comes with a little price and the path to beauty is never easy. Just keep in mind the results of pomegranate on your skin and do it. Once you are done, one pomegranate seeds will be enough to make you realize that all the effort was worth it. Pomegranate contains different antioxidants to support collagen in your skin cells and protect skin from damage. But the actual support is vitamin C, present in this fruit, which is best for anti-aging and increases the glow and redness of your skin.
- It is recommended to eat the actual fruit with its seeds for more good results.
- You can add its seeds in a fruit salad.
- You can drink the pomegranate juice which is also available in markets.
- You can use its syrups in desserts also.
Walnuts are a rich source of Omega3 fatty acids which are rare and can be found in seafood at this rate. These omega3 fatty acids are beneficial for your skin tightening. Thus prevents the sagginess and makes you look young for long in time. Walnuts are also good for brain health and make you memorize things even in older age. This also is an anti-aging property of walnut. Vitamin A and E in walnuts are also beneficial for skin and prevents your skin cells to age.
Walnuts can be consumed raw as other nuts, or we can add them to different dishes like:
- We can sprinkle crushed walnuts on different dessert.
- Walnuts can be used as topping of pancakes or ice creams.
- You can also add walnuts to a bowl of fresh yogurt for breakfast.
You must be reading about broccoli in different health benefits because of its diverse health benefits but what you must not read before is that broccoli is a super food helps slow down aging process. Some antioxidants in broccoli helps you look young and remove venom in different body parts. They are also rich in vitamin C so consuming a broccoli daily can meet all your nutrient requirements of the day. Broccoli can be eaten as follows:
- You can add broccoli in salad with other fresh vegetables.
- You can use broccoli as a serving with different dishes in lunch.
- You can roast broccoli to eat it.
- You can add broccoli as ingredient in soup.
- You can also cook it for lunch.
5. Green Tea
Green tea is more than any ordinary tea. It contains many bio active compounds that can help you improve your health in many ways. The consumption of green tea is also good for weight loss. It contains some powerful antioxidants associated with health benefits as:
- Helps fighting Alzheimer in old age.
- Improves your brain functioning.
- Lower risk of different cancers.
- Burn fat.
- Help gets radiant skin.
- Prevents inflection by killing bacteria.
- Lower risk of diabetes.
With such benefits green tea will never let you gets old. Green tea is easily available in market in small tea bags, to make it drinkable:
- Bowl some water in a pot.
- Add a tea bag of green tea in water and let it mix.
- Once it is boiled and you see green color of water, your tea is ready to drink.
Ever since I was a child I always liked grapes to eat more than any fruit. I used to grow them in our lawn as well because this plant has the most adorable growing to me. Grapes are available in many colors and types i.e. red, black and green. Among all red grapes are the most nutrient and has some wonderful effects on your skin by keeping it fresh and youthful. Grapes are a little sour in taste which makes it even enjoyable fruit. Red wine is also made of red grape and contains equal health benefit like them. Without much thinking you can go for red grapes if you want a youthful appearance till forever. Red grape, with containment of different antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, not only helps your skin internally but also protects it from UV rays. Start eating grapes as a fruit or you can add them in a fruit salad.
3. Orange Juice
Oranges are full of vitamin C and some important fibers for your body. Vitamin C supports the collagen in skin cells and makes you look young. It also decreases the sagginess of skin. Orange juice is a form of rich vitamin C beverage which is natural and easy to make and carry all the health benefits of an orange. Thus orange juice is a super food that boosts your energy and keeps you active and fresh for a long time. Consume at least one glass of orange juice and you will look 10 years younger your age.
You can prepare orange juice by following these simple steps:
- Take 4 oranges to make one glass of orange juice.
- Cut all oranges in half.
- Squeeze a piece of orange against the juicer machine and store the juice in a pot
- Repeat the same for all pieces and your juice is ready to drink.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apple is considered as the first fruit from heavens having a lot of health benefits. We as children must have seen this fruit in the gardens of evil queen which she kept sacred for her youthful appearance. Apple strengthens your mind which is the important organ when it comes to health. This fruit contains protein, fiber and vitamin C that makes your immune system strong, make your digestive system strong and reduces the risk of many diseases. Healthy body is actually the youth you want in a long run thus apples sure are an anti-aging super food.
You can eat an apple daily or can add them in fruit salad or different desserts. Some of the ways to consume more apples daily are:
- Make an apple pie.
- Put apples to morning muffins.
- Bake apple pieces with cinnamon.
- You can make apple juices and smoothies.
- Apple jams can be used at breakfast.
Lettuce is a popular green leafy vegetable that is a must ingredient in salads, burgers and sandwiches. It is considered best for skin and makes your skin hydrated and fresh. Being a rich source of many essential nutrients for human body, it qualifies as an anti-aging food. It takes care of the bones, accelerates the metabolism and prevents human body from many diseases. Like other vegetables, lettuce is not a seasonal vegetable but you can have it all the year. So, you must add more quantity of lettuce in your daily routine to enjoy better results. You can add leafs of lettuce in salad. You can put cut leafs in your burger or sandwiches and enjoy the freshness of this vegetable.
Aging include, weak bones, weak immune system, dull skin and wrinkles etc. but when we have such super foods to take care of our health that will afraid of aging and its effects. But, to enjoy more good results in your health and prevent aging try to remember some Do’s and Don’ts to avoid any kind of harsh circumstances. We have listed some Do’s of Don’ts that will help you understand the best and worst practices to prevent aging.
- Try to consume more green vegetables in food.
- Develop an effective cleaning routine.
- Do proper exercise daily.
- Get a healthy sleep.
- Use a sunscreen regularly.
- Wash all the vegetables before using.
- Don’t eat white food including sugar.
- Don’t consume salt more than a considerable limit.
- Don’t smoke.
- Don’t stretch your skin.