Very short hairstyles for black women have strikingly unique hair options for the season in groom. Go chic with wonderfully simple and the easiest to manage hair ideas that echo both runways and red carpet entries.
You love to have updos for short hair that reflects your preference for easiness in tending your locks, saving your precious time. Yes! It is undeniably true that nothing easier than wearing short hair. Though having very short hairstyles, you may not opt for traditionally known bobs, pixies, buns, straight, wavy and curly hairdos yet the smartness is achievable with a lot more options and they are fairly extensive.
Moreover, opting for short hair is conspicuously the latest fashion hairstyling trend. Go through this gallery of glam, picturing very short hairstyles for black women that have a number of luscious attractions to make your vibes stunning yet saving you ample time and providing you the comfort to manage your style without any hassle.
26. Super Short Straight Bob
The beauty of bob style haircut is its uniqueness and charm that makes the personality of women more neat and refined marked with elegance and style. It is surely a must-have idea in very short hairstyles that seizes many showbiz celebrities including the most favorite and trendsetter super star, Rihanna into its charisma. Facial features get prominent and attractive due to tapering layers and long side bangs across the chin.
How to Style:
- Smoothly brush the hair forward and run the teeth firmly towards the back of your hair as well.
- Using a rat tail comb create a side parting of your bangs using the arch of your eye brow as a base.
- When you’ve parted the bangs, heat your straightener at 120 degrees and straighten the bangs in forward strokes so that the fall on your forehead.
- At the end, rub a bit of hair wax or pomade against your palms and run it through your hair so that you don’t allow any of the baby hair’s to erect.
- I’d recommend you a BaByliss®PRO | Nano Titanium™
- However, you can use any of your personal favorite too.
- American Crew Hair Styling Pomade, 3.
- This hairstyle is suitable for a heart shaped face or an oval face.
- If you have thin or even wavy textured hair then you can carry this hair cut pretty well.
- Don’t ever forget to straighten your front bangs as they’re the main source of giving this hair style a chic look.
- Make it a habit of straightening your bangs forward whenever you come out of shower but after drying your hair properly.
25. Flipped Hairstyle For Black Women
Chic and impressive! Going for his option means to add spice to your short tendrils without much effort. It covers the entire head with very short round hair on the sides and on the back. To add a retro look to this hairdo, draw hair on the forehead also. For flipping the tips of hair, use a small curling iron and turn the tips inside. Your style is now ready. Use a light finishing spray to hold flyaways.
How to Style:
- For this retro and smart hair style you need to smoothly comb your hair with a brush.
- Next, take a rat tail comb and create a side partition using your eye brow arch as a base.
- Later, you can back comb the hair on the crown a bit or directly start curling the tips and edges.
- It’s up to you if you want to straighten your bangs first. But using a curling iron, curl the tips of your hair and bangs outwards.
- Use a hair spray all over your hair so that they stay in place and don’t give a messy look.
- Use BaByliss®PRO | Cermaic Tools™ for curling the tips and edges of your back hair and front bangs too.
- Or you can use any curling iron which is your personal favorite but make sure that it’s a trust worthy one and the curls don’t open or go lose.
- TREsemme Extra Hold Hair Spray, 14.06 oz.
- Or use an L’Oreal Studio Hot Curl Themo Curling Spray, 150 ml.
- This hair cut is perfect for a heart shaped face as it makes the face appear prettier once it’s styled properly.
- Even frizzy textured hair would do. However, wavy hair will go best with it.
- But sleek and straight hair or a round face won’t be able to carry this look properly.
- If you have extra frizzy hair then make it a point to nicely straighten the hair where appropriate before curling the edges.
- Usually, straighten the hair once you’ve dried the hair after the shower as it will give a more voluminous look to the hair.
24. Sassy Bob
A gorgeous and modern look with an astounding haircut, sassy bob style is an awesome idea in very short hairstyles. To wear this style, cut your hair in such a way that your face will be nicely framed with front locks of both sides of your head and the hair on the back side will be cut in round below from the ear. For a twist, you can also cover a part of your eyes with front headed hair if it is not irritating for you. Highlight it for a final look and enjoy one of the best styles of very short hairstyles for black women collection.
How to Style:
- This spiky hairstyle will require a lot of the help of your fingers.
- Once you get out of the shower try to assemble the hair in a stable position with your fingers or using a comb.
- Blow dry them or using a hair dryer comb the hair outwards from the top in order to create spikes.
- You can use pomade or hair wax by rubbing a bit of either against your fingers and letting your fingers do the styling of the spikes.
- However, for a better styled look make sure that you have a different colored hair light when you’ll create your spikes.
- Use a PRO- Professional Light Weight Hair Dryer.
- Or an Elchim 2001 Professional Hair Dryer which will make your hair appears voluminous and appealing making them all set to be spiked.
- Use any pomade of your own choice.
- This is the perfect hair style for an oval shaped face.
- The hair style will make the oval shaped face appear prettier and slimmer.
- However, squared faces aren’t fir for this hair style.
- Make sure you get a highlight which is similar to your hair tone but a bit lighter than that so that it appears to be evident once the hair is spiked.
- Beware with how you get the hair cut as it should be cut in a way which is easy to eb styled even after it’s grown.
“Styling with very short hair is to make a stunning fashion statement. Apart from the oft-repeated cliché; ‘they are easy to manage’, short hair have even stronger reasons to stand out. They fit the best on almost all facial features and contours. They impart you unquestionably fresh and young look. Above all, they are the best option for all places and events.”
23. Cropped Short Hair
Cropped hair is the special sparkle of the new season that has gained much attention and appreciation for its easy styling. It is strikingly adorable on every face and needs no further gimmicks to play on your locks. Just make sure to keep your hair sleek and shiny to make a good show of your freshness. A bit of brown ombre hair tips can make it an exclusive fashion statement.
How to Style:
- Begin by brushing your hair and make sure that the teeth of the brush smoothly comb the hair.
- Straightly comb the hair next to your bangs.
- Blow dry your bangs outwards and loosely curl the edges of the bangs.
- Use a thick brush to make the hair still whilst blow drying them.
- Use a hair spray on the top of your head for the hair to remain in place and avoid any flyers to appear.
- Use a Harry Josh Pro Tools Pro Dryer 2000.
- And any curling iron which is your favorite.
- Use Short Sexy Hard up Gel for long lasting stay and hold of the hair.
- A square or round shaped face will do justice to this hair style.
- Some brown ombre ttips will make the cut appear more appealing and exotic.
- It’s going to look good on a round shaped or square shaped face as these face shapes support side parted curled and blow dried bangs.
- Make sure that you blow dry the hair upwards until the crown as it will give a spiky effect to the hair too.
- Don’t forget to use the recommended styling products to add extra shine to your hair.
22. Flower Girl Extra Short Hairstyle
Make your very short hair with the addition of flower embellishment on one side. You may also wear a wreath to get a flare or just a headband to grab attention to your hair sheen. Though this hairstyle has not particular restriction for any specific face outline yet it looks more gorgeous on round faces.
How to Style:
- This hairstyle is exclusively for those pretty ladies who have tight Barbie doll like curls.
- But the condition is that they need to be cut in a bob.
- So begin styling by combing your hair nicely but quite carefully so that the overall look of the curls doesn’t appear vague, frizzy and messy.
- Or more importantly, use your fingers to make them look nice and proper.
- Next, wear flower studded hair clip, a cute head band or a garland in order to make your hair appear extra gorgeous and eye catchy.
- Then rub hair wax or pomade against your hands and run your hands against your hair.
- Wear a Catwalk colorful flower crown.
- Or wear Baroque flower studded hair clips or head bands.
- L’Oreal Paris Elnett Satin, this hair spray will keep your hair firm and in place.
- Any facial shape can carry this look but it will look extra beautiful on round shaped faces.
- This look will give the round shaped face a better and much happening look.
- Don’t, I repeat don’t brush your hair vigorously that your curls go loose.
- Always brush the hair subtly so that the curls remain in place.
“Opting for very short hairstyles is to get oneself out of pickle. Now, there is no designing hassle to face before office or event. You have an easy solution to go for hundreds of brilliant hairdo ideas that you can instantly opt for to alter your old look or re-define it with immensely pleasing hairstyling variations.”
21. Cute And Smooth
To style your short hair with bob haircuts is always a genius choice to be prominent with a glamorous look. Beauty and charm of black women can be blown out with very short hairstyles. All you need is to add some variety with these styles like you can add curls on the back side of your selected bob style. Bangs on the front side with bob haircut also enhance your grace and tender facial looks.
How to Style:
- This is a very simple yet extremely glamorous and chic look!
- Bob haircuts on black ladies always look gorgeous. Moreover, if styled properly then they sure have the looks of making a man go head over heels for them.
- So begin styling by brushing your hair properly.
- Next, heat your best curling iron on about 120 degrees and curl all of the hair especially the back side but not the frontal bangs.
- Straighten your frontal bangs.
- Later, neatly part your bangs by making your eyebrow arch the base using a rat tail comb.
- Then spray a good amount of hair spray all over the hair.
- And bring the curled hair towards the front.
- Use the Xtava Curling iron but make sure that your curls are tight and don’t go loose.
- Any random hair spray would do too, but loads of it.
- A heart shaped face which is complimented with a perfect jaw line and cheek bones will look amazingly exotic on this haircut.
- The face will compliment this cut real well as the hair once bought in front against the neck will give a real chic and smart look.
- Make sure you style the hair properly as the actual look of this haircut won’t properly appear and will be hidden behind a messy look.
20. Trendy Cute Very Short Hairstyle
It is equally suitable for short and extra layered short hair, hence, a must go to option in very short hairstyles for black women that are gaining popularity in the latest season. With voluminous hair, create a side parting, amassing hair on one side. The other side should remain lesser in volume. It will certainly heighten an illusionary effect that is irresistible. Trendiest and cute with no particular requirement of facial features and cheekbones lines!
How to Style:
- This is one extra ordinarily easy hairstyle to do.
- All it requires is for you to wash and dry your hair properly.
- Place your bangs forward and blows dry your hair in an outward manner.
- Use your fingers to make the hair appear neat and prim.
- Then rub your favorite pomade or hair wax on your hands and run it against your hair.
- Use Ultra Hold Sculpting Clay by Alternate Bamboo Style which will maintain the look and style of your hair even through a long day at work or college.
- Any blow dry or hair dry machine at home will do.
- An oval face will carry this haircut pretty well.
- A thick textured or voluminous hair is highly commended for this haircut.
- If you like short hair and long to keep it, then maintain it properly too.
- Get your hair trimmed every month in order to avoid split ends.
19. Asymmetrical Undercut Hairstyle
The Asymmetrical Undercut is an excellent option in hairstyles for very short hair. To achieve this glowing hairstyle, use good amount of volumizing hair cream on hair. Use a paddling brush to brush hair onto one side and blow dry. While brushing, turn hair to get more volume and brush them to the opposite side. End hairstyle with wax or finishing spray. This hairstyle used layered bobs to make a messy hairstyle with tousled curls.
How to Style:
- This is one of my personally favorite looks and in generally appear to make any woman who gets it appear more flawlessly beautiful.
- Style this hair cut by smoothly brushing your hair using a paddling brush.
- Next, use volumizing hair powder on your scalp to bring extra volume towards your crown.
- Or you can just back comb your crown.
- Then bring the hair in front and blow dry but more preferably straighten them.
- Set your straightener to at least 140 degrees and part the hair into two sides and begin to straighten them.
- Then part your bangs as you like and run a bit of hair wax on your hair and you’re done!
- Use Kerastase Nacre hair wax from the Nutritive line, it will not only maintain the styling of your hair and hold it back but will even add nutrients to it.
- Use any hair straightener of your choice.
- Honestly, this is one haircut which will compliment any facial shape but will make an oval face appear super pretty!
- This voluminous hair cut will make one’s face more attractive and striking.
18. Smooth Bob
The smooth bob is an easy updo hairstyle for very short hair. Use styling serum on hair that has been towel dried. To wear this, start from parting hair to one side and use eye of hair as midpoint. Use a paddling brush to wrap hair while blow drying to get maximum volume. Go for a curling iron to flatten out curls at hair ends. End styling with light finishing spray.
How to Style:
- This is similar to the Oprah Winfrey look that’s why many ladies prefer having it.
- This hairstyle is classy and easy which is why old aged women tend to have it and maintain it as their permanent hairstyle.
- You should begin styling by towel drying your hair and using a serum which is exclusively used post shower in order to naturally straighten the hair and not let them remain frizzy, dry or dull.
- Next, smoothly brush your hair using a paddle brush and do a side parting using a rat tail comb.
- Then plug in your blow dryer and very attentively section the hair into either two or three and then begin to blow dry them whilst wrapping the hair around the roller brush.
- Later, end by curling along the edges using a good curling iron so that the curls don’t go flat.
- Use the Xtava Curling iron so that your curls stya in place and the edges don’t go flat.
- The INECTO Pure Coconut Oil Smoothing Hair Serum 75 ml will do its job of reducing frizz and adding shine to your hair post shower pretty well.
- Try the CHI Touch Screen Hair Dryer for blow drying the hair and if you’re satisfied with the results then continue using it.
- Ladies with a round or oval face can carry this hair style pretty elegantly.
- I’d highly commend round faced ladies to try this hairstyle at least once in their life and let people get awed by how it turns out to be on them.
- Don’t forget to curl the edges and ends after the blow dry.
- Give highlighting a try and highlight the hair on the crown.
- The two colored hair which coincide together will give a beautiful illusion once done.
Related Article: Formal Hairstyles For Short Hair
17. The Rebel Hairstyle For Black Women
This rebellious hairstyle in the list of very short hairstyles for black women uses very short hair and makes a truly defiant hairstyle. You can take this option following just a few easy steps. Use volumizing spray on hair when you start styling. Also elevate hair from the roots when you are blow drying.
Now comb back the middle section of hair one inch from the hairline. Make a pompadour from the top hair. From the front hairline back, create fashion curls using curling iron. Now your style is ready, fix it with a hairspray.
How to Style:
- This hairstyle is exclusively for those women who are comfortable with short hair.
- However, a disclaimer is that if you want to try this hairstyle then you need to have your hair cut real short to get the actual look of it.
- Once you’ve got the hair cut then all the other steps are pretty easy.
- Rub some hair wax or pomade against your fingers and run your fingers all over the hair.
- Next, use your fingers in order to get the right style that you’re longing for.
- Moreover, if you have light hair then you can even use a volumizing powder deep inside your roots.
- Use Redken Water Wax which will supposedly add great shine to your hair and hence, will make them appear glossy.
- Get the Sexy Hair- Big Sexy Hair- Powder Play Volumizing and Texturizing Powder 15g as it will add volume to your hair and can be kept for future use too.
- Heart shaped face will give good justice to this look.
- No matter whatever the hair color is, a heart shaped face with a proper hair cut will make you appear extraordinarily exotic.
- If your hair is quite frizzy then you can even straighten the frontal hair a bit before applying the hair wax.
- Moreover, you can even blow dry the hair outwards.
16. Cinnamon Swirl Hairstyle
In very short hairstyles, the cinnamon swirl looks best on brunettes and makes great use of stacked bob haircut. Women of color can wear this hairstyle to add extra glare to their exotic tresses. Begin with applying styling cream on hair. Now use flat iron to level hair and move it on slightly tilt hair, except at the front. Use styling wax at the roots of your hair to add texture.
How to Style:
- This stacked bob haircut requires you to have a good stylist so that they efficiently cut your hair in the correct style and design.
- As it’s named, the hairs on your crown appear to be in a swirl like shape once they’ve been rightly back combed and style.
- Begin styling by, straightening your hair very efficiently by keeping the temperature of your straightener on at least 150 degrees.
- Next, section your hair.
- Then, use a rat tail comb to smoothly comb down the hair and simultaneously straighten your hair using the straightener.
- After the hair is straightened, nicely back comb the hair on the crown.
- Apply hair spray all over the hair to avoid any flyovers.
- I’d recommend you a BaByliss®PRO | Nano Titanium™
- This hair straightener will make your hair immensely sleek and straight.
- Ladies with a round face can carry this look pretty nicely.
- The swirl effect will make the round shaped face appear extravagantly gorgeous.
- However, if you intend to get this look then do get your hair dyed in either chocolate brown or a mixture of dark brown, hazel or honey.
- These are the hair colors which will highlight the hair cut even better.
15. Rebellious Spikes For Black Women
This rebellious hairstyle uses spikes and takes them to an edgy style. Best of all very short hairstyles for black women that promises a funky and cheerful look. Use styling serum on hair to make them soft and sleek. Now use a flat iron to smoothen out hair with heat and separate a flip section out of top middle hair. Make use of Styling Wax and position hair into the middle into a faux hawk. In the end apply medium strength hairspray to finish look.
How to Style:
- This hairstyle requires you to have your hair properly cut into a side flip.
- I’d suggest you to get a side flip along with a good amount of side bangs so that it can be covered once you’re bored of the spikes.
- You can begin styling by, smoothly brushing the hair and later straightening them.
- Next, using a rat tail comb part the hair into two.
- Then rub some pomade against your fingers and run them across the middle parted hair in order to create a Mohawk in the middle.
- Remember to use your fingers to pike up the hair.
- Use Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Paste to add texture and spikes.
- Later, to hold the hair and to avoid any baby hair or flyover irritating you, use the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Hairspray.
- A heart shaped face will be fine for this look.
- This is already an edgy hairstyle so square shaped faces shouldn’t get it done.
- An oval or heart shaped face can carry this look well.
- Before getting the cut do discuss with your hair stylist whether this look would seem good on you or no.
- If they allow you to go for this look then make sure that the hair is cut nicely and doesn’t get thin after the cut.