Heart attacks occur for the first time to everyone who is not aware that his heart is not healthy. To avoid that you must know the first warning signs that can be coped up at home and you will be rescued instead of ending up in Intensive Care Unit. There might be a person in your family who might suffer from a heart disease and should be taken immediately to the hospital whenever he or she feels any sign of the heart attack.
15. Sudden Chest Pain
Sudden chest pain occurs almost instantly, as you sit up or stand up. This is like someone is putting pressure or weight on the chest. It is sometimes an intense and sharp pain and is unbearable as well. The chest pain vanishes in two to three minutes. Sometimes the pain is diagnosed wrongly as an acid reflux or digestion problem. You might experience pain in:
- Left arm.
- Left side of the chest.
- Left shoulder.
14. Swollen feet
If your feet are swollen, there might be a problem of fluid retention in the body. Fluid retention is directly linked with heart problems. It happens when the heart does not pump blood properly and as a result the blood does not filter toxic elements from the tissues. This is also known as edema.
Edema can be treated by:
- Elevating the legs to a higher level.
- Dipping the feet in ice cold water.
13. Shortness of Breath
If you feel a tight feeling in your chest and with that you experience shortness of breath, you must be certain that you might be having a heart problem. This may happen when you are taking rest or during a physical exercise. You might experience these symptoms during exercise so it is better to take precautions:
- Take someone along so that he might be able to take timely action when you go out for exercise or jogging.
- Take a mobile phone with you so that your loved ones can track you.
12. Discomfort in Upper Body Parts
There might be a day when you experience discomfort in your abdomen, or in your shoulders, neck or jaw. This may be a sign that you are preceding towards a heart attack.
“Heart is the most powerful muscle of the body, but this powerful muscle also becomes very weak if you don’t care of it and cause it to work extensively.”
11. Problems in Gums
Have regular appointments with your dentist to let him examine your oral health. You might have problems in your gums sometimes, like bleeding or swollen gums which indicate a heart attack. Gum problems associated with the heart include:
- Bleeding gums.
- Swollen gums.
10. Cough or Blood Vomit
Too much coughing or wheezing may be a result of heart failure to come. This happens because liquid starts filling the lungs. At times blood comes in the phlegm or cough of the patient. Go see a doctor immediately if:
- You experience excessive coughing.
- You see blood or pinkish color in your mucous that comes after coughing.
9. Irregular Heartbeats
Sometimes you experience a change in the level of heart beats. Change in frequency of the heart beats is also called arrhythmia. If your heart starts beating excessively or starts missing a beat go to your doctor immediately so that he might have your ECG done and look for problems in your heart.
Irregular heartbeats and heart attacks can result in dizziness or being unconscious.
It is common in the heart patients that whenever they are experiencing a heart attack, they throw up and feel nausea. Cardiac attacks also result in hunger obstruction.
6. Lack of Appetite
The appetite loses because of the cardiovascular pressure on the body. This suppresses the appetite and the patient feels always full and does not want to eat anything.
5. Cold Sweating
Bursting out in cold sweat may be a sign of heart attack. There might be a case when you are laying down in your bed and you suddenly start sweating excessively like you have worked out heavily.
“Heart attack is most common in hypertension and obese people. Such people should keep a check on their diet and the above mentioned signs.”
The days before you get a heart attack are the ones when you feel extreme weakness.
- Feel like going to the bathroom even as your body might signal it as a tedious task.
- You are always laying down or sitting and are unable to get up and do something.
During snoring, you have less air flow in your chest. In this condition, your heart is at a danger state. People who experience breathing issues during their sleep are more likely to have a heart attack.
- Ask your partner who sleeps with you to notify you if you snore.
- Look for any advice with your doctor to keep yourself from snoring.
2. Erectile Dysfunction
Veins in a heart patient tend to narrow and thus they transport less blood to the genital areas.
Poor blood flow to the blood vessels causes fatigue and a feeling of tiredness which is always there.
- Do take regular exercise.
- Take timely action if you feel any of the above signs with yourself.
- Take a healthy diet.
- Include fresh fruits and raw vegetables in your diet.
- Don’t ignore any of the symptoms if you see any and immediately see your doctor.
- Take extra care of your health if you are a patient of hypertension, obesity, high cholesterol levels.
- Avoid taking alcohol or smoking.
- Do not take much stress. Take things light to your heart. Mostly sensitive people or women experience heart attacks because they are more emotional.