Stomach flu or viral gastroenteritis is a disease caused by different viruses. Digestive system is target by these viruses. These viruses cause the inflammation to stomach and intestine. Stomach flu is very common in adults and children and can be transferred from one person to another. It spreads through contract with the stomach flu patients and their used possessions. Symptoms of this disease appears in 48 hours after the exposure to viruses such as noroviruses, rotaviruses, and adenoviruses. The most common symptoms of this disease include diarrhea, nausea, upset stomach, mild fever, vomiting and stomach cramping.
Nobody wants to get sick in life so it is important to take precautions to avoid such diseases and enjoy health. If not treated the stomach flu can cause more health problems so it is important to take some measures to fight against this disease. It is difficult to predict full cure of this disease, because it goes away on its own, but some natural medicines or remedies are available which can relieve you from stomach flu and its worst symptoms.
In stomach flu dehydrates your body and intakes can make you nauseous also, so these home remedies are considered as the best diets to take in such situation. After using these natural remedies, you will not need any artificial supplements or medicines. Let’s have a look to these home remedies.
When it comes to stomach flu remedies the suitable diet is light and easy to digest to avoid harsh circumstances. So banana is one such diet which is easy to digest. Banana is also rich in fiber and potassium which helps body to recover important minerals lost during stomach flu. Eating banana in stomach flu or gastroenteritis will relive you from vomiting and diarrhea also.
- You can eat a banana raw after peeling or you can mash it to make a paste and then eat it easily.
Acupressure is an old Chinese method of medication. Small pin are inserted at certain pressure points in your body for the medication of different problems. Medication through acupressure has its remarkable results in different diseases if you get the pressure points right. So, the most important in this procedure is to identify right pressure point for which some expert opinion is always needed. Acupressure is also effective in stomach flu and especially for nausea which makes it one of the most effective stomach flu remedies. Certain effective pressure points for stomach flu can be:
- On the web shaped area between your thumb and index figure is an effective pressure point to apply acupressure.
- You can apply acupressure on the inside elbow area.
- Inner side of wrist is also an effective acupressure point.
- Acupressure will also be effective to apply between the sternum and belly button.
- Between the collarbones, acupressure point is most effective of all.
Lemon is sure your take when it comes to fight stomach related problems. The acidic properties of lemon are important to maintain your stomach health so it is considered as an excellent remedy when it comes to stomach flu remedies. Lemon is also rich in vitamin C which enhances the immune system and protects your stomach against the attack of different viruses. You can use lemon in different ways If you’re feeling stomach flu symptoms:
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- Lemon juice or lemonade is one of the best possible ways to cure stomach related problems.
- You can also add lemon extract in different tea flavors or juices.
Oats is the most recommended food in stomach flu. Oats contain special nutrients that may help your stomach in diarrhea or nausea. Oats is a bland and easy to digest food. While preparing oatmeal in stomach flu, make it plain. Don’t use milk and other fats like butter, in its place use water to make a meal. You can follow these suggestion to get an effective relief from gastroenteritis.
- Add some boiled water in a pot and add oats in it. Let the oats soak in this water. Eat it to satisfy your hunger in stomach flu.
- It is recommended to make it soupier than eat normal in stomach flu.