Being a mother is a wonderful feeling which comes with great responsibility. The nine months of pregnancy for a woman is not easy or part of any fairy tale rather she had to gone through many problems and health issues during the whole process. One among some of these problems that complicate pregnancy is morning sickness. Morning sickness is actually nausea occurs in this situation and can happen any time in the day or night. At mornings it strike even harder and causes dullness and stress. Usually morning sickness becomes worst between second and third month of pregnancy and affects 65 percent of women. There can be different causes of morning sickness during pregnancy which includes hormonal changes in the body, depression and worry about pregnancy, low blood pressure and deficiency of vitamins.
Some of the symptoms of morning sickness are severe nausea with vomiting, constipation, dizziness and dark colored urine. Whenever you start feeling some of these symptoms, it is time for you to think of some ways to treat morning sickness to avoid harsh circumstances. Other than the medical help in this condition you can also use some simple home remedies and mother’s best tips to overcome morning sickness. These home remedies will help you avoid nausea and other symptoms of morning sickness and will make your pregnancy period easy. Some of these natural and easy to adopt home remedies are as follows:
“Nature has provided some simple remedies for the better health of baby and mother during pregnancy and helps avoid morning sickness.”
Ginger is most effective remedy against different symptoms of a morning sickness. It is an old and widely used remedy and was most common in Chinese medication. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties and chemical which are important to give you relief from different symptoms of morning sickness. It soothes your stomach and avoids constipation also. You can use ginger in different forms, whenever you suffer from morning sickness.
Quick link = Benefits of ginger
- Drink ginger juice to help relief stomach related problems.
- You can also chew a slice of ginger in its raw form if you’re feeling nausea.
- Ginger tea is also very effective and is most commonly used during pregnancy related problems.
- Snacks which include ginger i.e. gingerbread or cooking can also help.
11. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds are also used to relax the stomach and prevent morning sickness. In fact use of fennel seeds during stomach related problems is an old fashioned yet effective method. Fennel seeds have different taste and aroma which makes its tea refreshing to drink. Fennel seeds tea not just relaxes your stomach but it also helps combat nausea and other symptoms of morning sickness. Make sure to use this these if you’re feeling morning sickness symptoms. To get these benefits from fennel seeds you may try this DIY recipe:
- Chew fennel seeds after your lunch or dinner.
- Fennel tea is also an option for you which can help in the digestion process.
- Just add some fennel seeds to the water while it is boiling. Leave it for five minutes and then strain it and drink the tea.
- You can also add honey or lemon in the tea for enhanced taste and better results.
10. Chamomile Tea
This amazing teas is known as one of the best morning sickness remedies. The tea made of chamomile flowers is also very effective against the morning sickness. It soothes your stomach and relaxes your mind hence prevents nausea, constipation and stress during the whole pregnancy period. Some say that chamomile its self and its oil contain some strong acidic properties which may or may not be harmful during pregnancy period so it is recommended to use them after consultation of your doctor. However there is no complain or evidence is found about the tea so it is absolutely fine and effective to get rid of morning sickness. Still I would recommend you to discuss with your doctor about your condition before using chamomile tea.
- You can make chamomile tea at home with your own personal flavors. Just take some dried chamomile flowers and add them to boiled water for some time. When the water absorbs all its natural qualities, strain and put the tea in some pot to drink.
- You can also add honey or lemon juice in it to feel better.
9. Raspberry Leaf Tea
Raspberry leaf is another simple remedy which contains some ingredients to help in morning sickness. The tea of raspberry leaf is most preferred and is easily available in market. If you are suffering from morning sickness and some of its symptoms all you have to do is drink raspberry leaf tea. This tea will help you fight against the symptoms of morning sickness and will relax your stomach and uterus. So make sure to use it if you’re feeling morning sickness symptoms. Apart from its benefits in such condition, studies have also showed that the leaf of raspberry may cause some bad health conditions to your uterus so consults a doctor before using raspberry leaf tea to avoid any harsh circumstances. To make a tea:
- Crush dry leafs of raspberry.
- Boil some water in a pot and add crushed raspberry leaf in it.
- Strain and then drink this tea for nausea and vomiting.